Senior AI Programmers
* £50K to £75K
Our client has emerged as one of the leading UK game producers, entertaining millions of people across the globe with some of the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the gaming industry. Growth and expansion, along with the release of new games and updated versions hitting the retail stores, we’re looking to attract the most creative, passionate people in the industry to come and join our journey based out of their UK headquarters here in Cheshire.
Skills and Experience:
* 5+ years’ professional game production experience, with Experience with state-of-the-art game development tools and methods
* Excellent understanding of development languages such as C++, Python, etc.
* Strong software engineering and debugging skills
* Experience programming game features and systems, especially player-visible game features
* Strong multi-threaded programming skills and continue to enhance programming and communications skills
* Excellent verbal communication and written skills
* A strong education with either a Bachelor degree in Computer Science, a similar degree or comparable experience
Role and Responsibilities:
* Work with existing engine code base to develop and enhance game play – this includes player/world interaction, AI strategies and rules, game play, etc.
* Develop game code and extend AI code for a couple of high-profile games
* Design and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code
* Collaborate with team members to develop various gameplay systems
* Develop and test code, fix bugs, and profile and optimize code
* Work with the QA team, providing the information needed to fully test developed code
* Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
* Mentor other engineers as needed to increase their abilities and productivity
* Follow best practices, development processes and coding standards at all times
To learn and understand more about our client and their universally-known and respected products; please call and speak with Edward Laing here at ISR Recruitment in Sale, Cheshire or please share a copy of your CV or online profile for a call back in the strictest confidence