Software Development Engineer (Java/Linux/AWS) – Amazon Robotics – Westborough, MA..
Amazon Robotics is conveniently located at the Route 495/Route 9 intersection within the MetroWest region of Boston, MA. Candidates with or without previous robotics experience are invited to apply.
Working at Amazon Robotics
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
As a Software Engineer on the Amazon Robotics Applied Machine Learning team, you will be part of an exciting, diverse team that is responsible for developing and deploying full stack software systems using AWS that are scalable, reliable and performant, is obsessed over its customers at its core and its solutions impacts thousands of users for every minute of their working day!
You will own software applications and systems that enable human supervisory control of automated tasks to improve Machine Learning applications across the Amazon Robotics solution space. The mission of this team is to deliver production quality software at Amazon scale where robotics and human controls intersect. You will collaborate cross-functionally to develop pioneering applications in a highly exciting and innovative environment.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Required Experience
· BS/MS in Computer Science, Math, or other algorithmic-centric discipline
· 2+ years of hands-on experience in Java or C++ or other high-level languages such as Objective-C and Python.
· 2+ years experience in distributed systems design and experience with multithreading and concurrency
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, agile development, build processes, testing, and operations
· Demonstrated ability to design, implement, and test full stack software services in a fast-paced environment
· Experience developing in Amazon Web Services – AWS
· Experience with mentoring other engineers.
· Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
· Self-motivated and able to solve problems independently
· Strong communication skills, ability to work well in a team environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
More jobs from our partners (87)
AmazonSenior Manufacturing Supervisor – 1st Shift, Robotics Assembly on31 March 2021Any