Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet.
We need versatile, curious, and motivated engineers to help define the way we build and test our products and features in a start-up like environment. You will be the quality advocate and gatekeeper to enable delivery of high-quality software, in collaboration with top-notch research scientists, software developers, and hardware engineers. If you are passionate about pioneering new technologies for the real world, inventing something new, and delivering great software, we want to talk to you.
As a Systems Quality Assurance Engineer, you will join a team of hands-on, passionate and seasoned SQA’s and SDET’s qualifying innovative consumer-centric product solutions. This role would involve the QA person to perform testing on in-house test floors as well as at Amazon Fulfillment Centers (FC) occasionally to support new product launch. In this role, you will:
· Review product functional requirements and design documents.
· Review user interfaces for conformity and functionality.
· Work with Software Development Engineers to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented.
· Create test plans and test cases per requirements and design.
· Efficiently execute test cases across all functional areas of our products.
· Set up and maintain in-house test floors, stations and equipment.
· Perform testing on in-house test floors and occasionally at production FCs to ensure that all features have been manually tested prior to production deployment.
· Coordinate with the Development team to promote deployments from 1-box to production.
· Perform functional testing against emulated hardware.
· Find, isolate, document, and validate system or software defects.
· Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process.
· Interact with the FC associates when needed and get their feedback and report in to the concerned stakeholders as well as help troubleshoot / fix issues as and when they occur at site.
· This role involves occasional travel to deployment sites in North America and the EU to support new product launch or peak operations.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
· Experience of software and hardware QA testing
· Familiarity with software quality engineering best practices
· Proficiency operating in a Linux environment
· Experience with bug tracking systems (e.g., JIRA) and test/requirement management systems
· Understanding of relational databases (e.g., MySQL) and SQL querying tools
· Experience with and understanding of XML and Json
· Excellent written and communication skills
· Ability to react well to changes, work with multiple teams and multi-task on multiple products and projects
· Experience testing multi-tier software applications, human machine interaction systems and robotic applications
· Proficiency in scripting languages such as Perl, Jython, Python, Bash
· Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java
· Experience with open source test tools, make files and build scripts
· Experience in automated testing
· Familiar with hardware-in-the-loop testing with sensors and/or other peripheral devices.
· Master’s degree preferred
More jobs from our partners (72)
AmazonSOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – AMAZON ROBOTICS – NORTH READING, MA on26 November 2020Any
AmazonSenior Java Software Developer – AMAZON ROBOTICS – Boston area on27 November 2020Any
AppleSenior Robotics Hardware Engineer – Mechanical and Mechatronics on23 November 2020Any