Are you interested in helping customers support and benefit from Amazon’s Climate and Sustainability pledge? Come join us!
You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of cutting-edge products and services used every day by people you know.
We are looking for a passionate, talented, and creative Machine Learning Scientist to help invent and apply advanced machine learning to make a lasting impact on society and impact the experience of millions of Amazon customers.
Great candidates for this position will have a passion for machine learning and statistics and will have hands-on experience with product development. You will have the deep expertise to drive the ML vision for our products and technical breadth to make the right decisions about technology, models and methodology choices.
As a Machine Learning Scientist at Amazon, you will connect with world leaders in your field working on similar problems. On this team you will analyze and model contextual data to create new experiences for customers. Meeting business requirements will involve combining several different machine learning algorithms with domain knowledge into sophisticated ML workflows. You will work with large distributed systems of data and will tackle Machine Learning challenges in Unsupervised Learning, clustering, and forecasting, utilizing modern methods such as Deep Neural Networks and others. MLS’s have contributed to and are aware of the state-of-the-art in their respective field of expertise and are constantly focused on advancing the state-of-the-art for improving Amazon’s products and services.
· Analyze and extract relevant information from large amounts of data to support new experiences for customers
· Create novel ML approaches and apply them to achieve project goals
· Build ML software and algorithms that cost-effectively scale to millions of customers
· Work closely with other teams across Amazon to deliver platform features that require cross-team leadership
· Ensure that the quality and timeliness of ML deliverables
· PhD or equivalent Master’s Degree plus 4+ years of experience in computer science, electrical engineering, ML or related field
· 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
· 1+ year industry experience coding
· Experience programming in Python, Java, C++, or another object oriented programming language
· Excellent problem solving skills
· Excellent communication skills
· PhD with a focus in machine learning
· 2+ yrs. industry experience in signal processing or deep learning
· Experience with deep learning, statistical modeling, time series forecasting
· Experience with scalable model training
· Experience with machine learning in production
· Solid background in statistical learning techniques
· Track-record of novel algorithm development, e.g. publications in one or more of the following: KDD, NIPS, SIGIR, ICML, etc.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to clearly articulate rigorous technical concepts and considerations to non-experts
· Ability to work both independently on ambiguous problems and in highly collaborative team environments
More jobs from our partners (170)
AppleMachine Learning Engineer (App Store), Apple Media Products Data Science on4 December 2020Any
AppleAI/ML- Sr Machine Learning Engineer, Siri Experience on23 November 2020Any
AppleAI/ML – Machine Learning Researcher, Machine Intelligence on5 December 2020Any
AppleMachine Learning Scientist / Engineer (NeurIPS 2020) on2 December 2020Any
AppleAI/ML – Data Scientist (Machine Learning & Natural Language), Siri Understanding on2 December 2020Any