Company Type: Public Company Size: 10,001+ employees
Innovation is in HP’s DNA. From our origins in a Palo Alto garage in 1939, to our current position as one of the world’s leading technology companies, HP has grown to become a leader in technology and corporate culture, inspiring innovators and entrepreneurs around the globe.
HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software and services to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace that attracts exceptional talent and to supporting our employees to succeed at all levels. We dream in over 35 languages and share one mission: to engineer experiences that amaze.
Currently, there is a business development opportunity to help grow HP’s leading data science and AI portfolio. You will be joining HP’s Personal Systems group to help deliver strategic relationships in and around key data science projects both internally to HP and externally to our 1 billion and growing customers. The candidate will join the team helping our customers grow their businesses using the most advanced analytics in the industry.
- Working with lighthouse customers and HP labs, identify and define Data Analytics/ML/DL work flows
- Create planning and forecast models that incorporate key drivers of the business
- Explore, explain, and predict how key drivers affect overall business performance by analysing how customers are using their data
- Ability to work with multiple types of data from different industries
- Create compelling visions for how HP can transform vertical business segments, including synergies across hardware, software, and services
- Be a thought leader across vertical industries and evangelize the value of HP
- Establish executive relationships with strategic system integrator and
- Experience applying analytical thought process to provide real software & hardware solutions to real business problems.
- Experience building use cases and project plans
- You will have strong interpersonal skills with ability to connect and develop strategic partnerships/relationships
- Ability to tell meaningful stories using different type of data
- Creativity to go beyond current solutions to deliver the best business solutions
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to work in an ambiguous fast-paced environment
- Experience with data analysis using Python or similar tool used to exploit data for the purpose of story telling
- Ability to manage time efficiently and handle multiple priorities
- Experience with Big Data Systems (IBM, SAS, SAP, etc ….)
- Experience with BI Analytical Tools
- Contribute to cross-functional analytics projects from beginning to end, building relationships within HP and our partners.
- Support the development of the Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Data Science go to market business plan
- Analyse business performance by tracking key metrics such as pipeline, revenue, margin, operations, and product performance; implement business changes when needed
- Evaluate strategic partnership opportunities, performing a broad range of quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Lead global cross-functional teams to achieve business objectives by measuring the impact and efficiency of new partnerships and strategic initiatives
- Support internal strategic planning processes including budgeting, investment prioritization, and financial outlook scenarios
- Business development, sales engineering, or sales experience
- Knowledge of artificial intelligence, machine learning, deep learning, data analytics, and business intelligence
- General knowledge of Linux OS, Ubuntu, Rad Hat, others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to present complex technical content to executive and non-technical audiences
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively to solve complex problems
- Ability to build thought leadership content through social media, publications, and white paper venues
- Ability to speak well to executive leadership, large groups, and convey technical concepts effectively
- Familiarity with development trends in native and cloud applications
- General knowledge of R, Python, and S+
- Cloud compute platforms (AWS, Azure)
- Knowledge of statistics, big data analytics, and data collection technologies
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Economics, EE, ME or other analytical based degree program
- 5+ years’ experience in Data Science, Analytics, Business Intelligence
We are looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future is yours to create. Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your knowledge and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you.