Company Type:Public Company Size: 10,001+ employees
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate Data Platform Cloud Solution Architect to drive high priority customer initiatives on the Microsoft Azure Platform in collaboration with customers and the Microsoft field in Enterprise accounts segment of our business. This is a customer facing role, owning overall technical relationship between customer and Microsoft Data Platform and extending to some Advanced Analytics and Artificial Intelligence.
You will own the Data Platform technical customer engagements including architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or MVPs. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers to drive Data Platform solutions to production.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Understand customers’ overall data estate, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions.
- Apply technical knowledge to architect solutions that meet business and IT needs, create Data Platform, AA/AI roadmaps, and ensure long term technical viability of new deployments, infusing key analytics and AI technologies where appropriate (e.g. Azure ML, ML Server, BOT framework, Cognitive Services, Big Data, Data Lake, Azure Databricks, etc.)
- Ensure that solution exhibits high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Be a Voice of Customer to share insights and best practices, connect with Engineering team to remove key blockers
- Assess the Customers’ knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners.
- Collaborate with other Cloud Solution Architects in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on Microsoft Azure platform,
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community while educate customers on Azure platform
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities
Experiences Required – Education, Key Experiences, Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience. 7+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications required
- 5+ years experience working with large complex enterprise accounts architecting cloud solutions for data estate workloads
- 5+ years implementing large scale data projects within the cloud environment
- Relationship Building. Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives in large or highly strategic accounts. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects. required
- Problem Solving. Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies required
- Collaboration and Communication. Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects.
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management, Database administrators and Data Scientist) required
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, database migrations, and technology management. required
- Breadth of technical experience and knowledge, with depth / Subject Matter Expertise in two or more of the following Data Platform Cloud solutions required:
- SQL including OSS (postgre, MySQL etc), Azure SQL
- NoSQL Databases including OSS (Maria, Mongo etc), Cosmos DB
- Big Data including SQL DW, Snowflake, Big Query, Redshift
- Advanced Analytics including Azure Data Bricks, visualization tools as PowerBI, Tableau
- Data Governance
- Data Science
- Machine Learning including Azure ML, ML Server
- Data Engineering
- Expertise in data estate workloads like HDInsight, Hadoop, Cloudera, Spark, Python required
- Technical Aptitude and experience to learn new technologies and understand relevant cloud trend required
- Competitive Landscape: Knowledge of cloud development platforms preferred
- Partners: Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineer or related field preferred
- Application Development experience preferred
- Certification in one or more of the following technologies preferred: Cloud, mobile, Database, Big Data, BI, Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.