This position is in Pre-Therapeutic Target Discovery within Bioinformatics Services Core in Tarrytown, NY. There is 1 position for Summer AND Fall 2020 (full time, May/June to December 2020).
The Tier1 process at Regeneron analyzes gene function using a standardized set of phenotyping assays to study the effects of targeted mouse gene knockouts. This process is an early part of R&D to identify potential biological drug targets. The Regeneron Bioinformatics Core Service manages the organization, analysis and presentation of Tier1 data generated with a variety of technologies, such as automated serum chemistry and hematology instruments, fluorescence activated cell sorting (FACS), microcomputed tomography (uCT) and high-resolution episcopic microscopy (HREM) and RNASeq. Regeneron has accumulated more than a decade’s worth of Tier1 data for nearly 1000 genes. The proposed project is to develop and implement a strategy for managing heterogenous data from many sources. The focus of this work is data infrastructure (eg databases, classification with ontologies, etc.) to support current and future data mining and meta-analyses.
Start building your skills at Regeneron
• Must be a rising 3rd or 4th year undergraduate student, or a Masters student
• Must be pursuing a degree in bioinformatics, biostatistics or equivalent disciplines
• Experience with programming (unix shell, Python, R), databases and biostatics is required
• Some background in life sciences would be helpful but is not required
General Co-op Program Information
• Must be enrolled in, or accepted to, an academic program pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD or PharmD
• Program is full-time (~40 hrs/wk) and is paid
• Prefer demonstrated leadership in areas such as campus activities, clubs, sports or the community
• Minimum GPA of 3.0
• You will work with a specific manager on a project(s)
• Enjoy regular 1 hour Co-op Program events: learn about other areas of the company from employees, soft skills workshops, networking, volunteering, and more!
• Present to your team on your project(s)
Transportation and Housing
• A free shuttle is offered from the North White Plains or Tarrytown train stations to the Tarrytown campus
• Get to know other incoming students on our closed LinkedIn page when you accept an offer
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.