We are searching for a Data Analyst to support our Data and Analytics team with insights gained from analyzing historical and current market data. This exciting role requires deep understanding and experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, and data tools, building and implementing models that leverage SpiderRock’s data sets and volatility analytics.
What You Will Do:
- Identify trading signals, algos, or useful volatility analysis using various SpiderRock equity, futures and options datasets. Approaches should include statistical analysis or machine learning, trades styles should vary in time (high frequency versus days/weeks, and asset class (option trades, equity trades, futures trades).
- Work with the business development team to support client conversations regarding the use of our datasets and these signals. Draft and publish white papers and make presentations describing these signals and use cases to support data set marketing.
- Work with the business development team to define customer requirements for new tools that augment datasets and use of live data. Develop and implement new datasets from SpiderRock’s Platform that support client needs.
- Utilize technology team design, establish, and support a cloud environment for tools and API’s that support modeling and distributing data sets for client needs.
- Work with third party data platforms to load and wrangle data to support SpiderRock databases and the distribution to clients.
- Administer existing historical data sets and design solutions for storing and distributing but historical and live data sources.
- Be an integral part of setting the direction for the overall data business and contribute to other development activities where skills are a fit.
What SpiderRock Is Looking For:
- Minimum 2 years of data analysis experience in the financial industry
- BS/BA degree or equivalent in data science, math, engineering, computer science or relevant field
- Deep experience using statistical & scripting languages (R, Python, SQL) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Good skills with C# or C++ for coding solutions that fit within the SpiderRock technical environment.
- Experience using different database tools and visualization tools (Jupiter Notebooks, MYSQL)
- Extensive experience with option trading and option data, volatility and volatility surface calculations including the forecasting of volatility.
- Knowledge and experience with a variety of machine learning techniques
- Experience working in fast-paced, dynamic environments and the ability to adapt to rapid changes in projects and customer needs.
- Knowledge of financial markets is a plus
- Strong work ethic
- Works independently and in a team
- Excellent communication and written skills
What to Expect:
- Highly competitive pay, benefits and bonus structure
- Work with high-caliber and innovative professionals
- Access to unlimited snacks and beverages in our lounge area
- State of the art office
- 401K plan and match
- Progressive time-off benefits
- Gym membership at our building fitness center on our floor
- Divvy bike access
- A fun and collaborative environment
SpiderRock is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posted by ApplicantProView More
More jobs from our partners (2169)
AppleSenior Business/Data Analyst – WW Sales Finance Process, Analytics, and Reporting on23 September 2020Any