PAMM seeks a Data Analyst to join a growing Digital Engagement team and work directly with the Director of Digital Engagement. This is an exciting opportunity to become a part of the museum as it embarks on a digital transformation. The Data Analyst will collect, understand, and analyze data to communicate effectively about the museum’s visitors and how they interact with PAMM both online and in the museum. They will also provide insights on business operations as related to digital initiatives. As a member of the Digital Engagement team, the Data Analyst is in a unique position to support multiple departments through data analysis and effective storytelling. They will play a key role in inspiring ideas for digital engagement initiatives at PAMM based on an understanding of our visitors, our community, and the importance of the Arts and Culture sector to improve lives.
The Data Analyst position will play a key role in advancing the organization to a data-driven approach to decision making and will proactively provide consultation to internal business areas. They must have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows them to think about data beyond the basic skill set needed to manage it, and enthusiastically embrace new ways of thinking and working. The person in this position must be excited about building something from the ground up. They will play a key role in brainstorming and executing innovative ideas that will help PAMM achieve its digital goals and realize the museum’s mission to encourage everyone to see art as an incentive for genuine human interaction, communication, and exchange.
- Build a Digital Engagement Data program with the Director of Digital Engagement.
- Work closely with all departments to understand analysis needs and ensure we are asking the right questions.
- Utilize tools and data mining techniques to collect, analyze, and visualize data to help teams at the museum make informed decisions based on the analysis.
- Find results, consistencies and themes across data and generate data visualizations, dashboards, or reports to communicate these themes to departments, leadership team, key stakeholders, and board members.
- Project management – Design project goals and success markers, determine how success will be measured and tracked. Ensure the project remains on time and on budget and help motivate team members to hit their goals. Act as a liaison between the project team and upper level management. Prepare and present progress reports to Director of Digital Engagement and ensure the project is furthering organizational goals.
- Collect data across all systems to understand visitors and museum business including but not limited to Altru (CRM (Customer Relationship Management)), Financial Edge, social media channels, Google Analytics, Sprout Social, Shopify, and B.I (Business Intelligence). platforms.
- Train the PAMM key stakeholders how to read and understand the data analysis and tools.
- Update staff on key changes in data patterns and participate in making conclusions and plan next steps.
- Ensure that all new initiatives and projects across the museum are considering data collection from the beginning of the project.
- Conduct user research and help other departments at the museum with how to collect visitor data effectively and ethically.
- Use data to better understand visitor expectations and behavior in relation to attending programs, events, and exhibitions onsite and online
- Understand and manage quantitative and qualitative Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and benchmarks for PAMM.
- Effectively communicate about Digital Engagement with the museum staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Business Analytics, Mathematics MBA, or equivalent experience
- 2+ Years’ experience in data mining.
- 4+ years in a data analyst role
- Experience working with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Tableau, or other B.I. tools
- Experience with SQL, Data Visualization software, ETL Tools
- Entrepreneurial mindset excited about building something from scratch.
- Strong project management and leadership skills. Ability to lead and inspire staff, partners, and vendors toward shared goals.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Identifies problems in timely manner; gathers/analyzes information skillfully; resolves problems early; looks for alternative solutions; works cooperatively in group problem solving situations.
- Comfort with ambiguity and cultural change.
- Demonstrate outstanding written, oral and presentation skills (public speaking). Expresses ideas coherently; shows good listening and comprehension; always keeps others properly informed; selects appropriate communication tools.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills – Maintains a feeling of hospitality with team and visitors all times; displays sensitivity and consideration; works actively to resolve conflicts; displays positive outlook/pleasant demeanor; conducts self in a professional manner at all times; assists and supports co-workers and others engaging with the museum.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Produces work that is accurate and thorough; shows commitment to excellence and continuous improvement; ability to monitor quality of own work; applies feedback to improve performance; takes initiative to find ways to improve and promote quality work.
- Independently plans/prioritizes work; sets goals and aims; displays proper sense of urgency toward top priorities; manages time efficiently; plans for added resources; integrates changes smoothly.
- Meets attendance and punctuality requirements; keeps commitments; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows instructions and responds to management direction; commits to doing the best job possible.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibility; takes advantage of opportunities; seeks creative ways to improve skills; asks for help when needed.
- Walk, bend, lift (up to 15 pounds) files, office supplies an electronic equipment.
- Finger agility to pick up paper and use computer keyboard.
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Ability to hear in normal tones including telephone and face-to-face conversation.