Company Type: Privately Held
Drive customer initiatives, across North America, leveraging data and analytics services to solve their biggest and most complex challenges
Global data is expected to grow 10x by 2025. In an era of Big Data your role as a Data Architect is more important than ever. Many organizations do not know how to access, organize, and use their data effectively. Your role will be to help organizations make sense of their growing data, creating insights that allow them to grow their business and compete in a disruptive world.
As Our Data Architect, You’ll Drive
- End to end design, deployment of and usage experience for data services in customer environments; including on-premise, hybrid and cloud
- Architectural design, implementation or proof of concept projects
- Delivering value by solving customer’s complex data problems
- Building Softchoice internal capabilities and best practices to continue to build our Multi-Cloud business
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts & ensuring follow through
- Excellent presentation skills and comfortable in front of a white board
- Problem-solving mentality
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
As Our Ideal Candidate You’ll Also Have
- Extensive architecture and design experience with secure, complex applications across various data sources and multi-cloud platforms.
- Highly proficient in distributed computing principals and familiar with key architectures, including Lambda and Kappa architectures.
- Has extensive experience designing solutions leveraging a diverse assortment of data sources.
- Solid knowledge of common database technologies; structured, unstructured and OSS.
- Understanding of data governance, creating data dictionaries and security.
- Deep understanding of using data and analytics services to solve enterprise data challenges.
- Understanding and experience to accelerate a customer’s digital transformation; using advanced analytics, BI tools, artificial intelligence (AI), Machine Learning and Big Data.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of scripting languages, and automation.
Need more convincing this is the right next step in your career? Here are the reasons why folks love working here!
- Softchoice has been recognized as a Best Workplace in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute for 14 consecutive years
- Softchoice certified as a Great Place to Work in the United States
- Meaningful work that drives professional development
- Ability to enter and grow within the technology industry
- Being part of a winning, high performance team
- Every employee gets two paid volunteer days per year
- We serve large and mid-sized clients from a variety of industries
- We’ve raised over $2 Million through our staff-run charity Softchoice Cares
- 1 in 5 employees have invested in an ownership position in Softchoice
Softchoice is one of the largest IT solutions and Managed Services providers in North America! We are an influential, growth-oriented organization determined to enable our people, our clients, our partners and the communities we serve to realize their potential. Our unique culture fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace where employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. As a member of a dynamic, high-performing team, each Softchoice employee is hungry to learn, valued for their contribution, and approaches each day excited to make an impact.
We would like to thank you personally for applying to Softchoice.
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise. Again, thank you for your interest in a career at Softchoice!
- Note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.