Do you pioneer? Do you enjoy breaking down and solving complex problems for the benefit of a quickly expanding customer base, focusing first on our customer and working backwards? If so, the Amazon transportation controllership team is looking for an experienced Data Engineer with a strong record of achieving results, to partner in building out our financial systems to support our global transportation network.
As an Amazon Data Engineer you will be on the forefront of designing and testing Amazon’s transportation financial systems that will allow our businesses to scale across the globe. You should have deep expertise in the design, creation, management, and business use of large datasets. You should have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions, and to build data sets that answer those questions and work with cross functional teams to design solutions. Above all you should be passionate about bringing large datasets together to answer business questions and drive change.
· Design, implement, and operate stable, scalable, low cost solutions to flow data from production systems into the data lake and into end-user facing applications.
· Design automated processes for in-depth analysis databases.
· Design automated data control processes.
· Collaborate with the software development team to build and test the designed solutions.
· Learn, publish, analyze and improve management information dashboards, operational business metrics decks and key performance indicators.
· Improve tools, processes, scale existing solutions, create new solutions as required based on stakeholder needs.
· Provide in-depth analysis to management with the support of accounting, finance and transportation teams.
· Perform monthly variance analysis and identify risks & opportunities.
· 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
· Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
· Experience in SQL
– Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field and 4+ years industry experience
-Graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
– Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
– Proficiency with at least one Object Oriented language (e.g. Java, Python, Ruby)
– Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
– Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
– Effective analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
– Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources
– Experience with AWS Tools and Technologies (Redshift, S3, EC2, Glue)
– Expertise with Data modelling skills, Advanced SQL with Oracle, MySQL, and Columnar Databases
– Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of Database and/or Data Warehousing, Data Sciences and Big Data processing
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.View More