What is Amazon’s Advertising business like?
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world-class Advertising business where we run relevant display ads on key locations across our Retail website, Retail Mobile Shopping Apps, Devices, Third Party websites, Third Party Mobile Apps and Physical Stores. The goal of our Advertising program is to drive brand awareness, product discovery and product sales both online, offline and physical store channels.
What is your team responsible for?
Our team is responsible for full-stack implementation and integration of new advertising products, which power the ad content, targeting, and attribution across our advertising network with physical stores. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor and help shape our advertising technologies, products and business. Our products include web tools (used by marketing managers – both internal and external) and web services (used by developers within advertising) to implement unique experiences for physical store shoppers and advertisers .
If I were hired, what would I be working on?
Why should I join your team?
Are you interested in building a green field product opportunity within Amazon Advertising? Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on millions of customers every day? If you are a self-starter, enjoy designing large scale distributed and orchestration systems, and are intrigued by ambiguous problems, this is a unique and rare opportunity to build a new initiative from scratch with some of the best full-stack engineers at Amazon. We pioneer the usage of modern full-stack technologies at Amazon scale. Join today and you will transform how customers discover and shop at physical stores!
· 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
· Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
· Experience in SQL
· Experience using big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Spark, EMR, etc.)
· Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
· 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer, BI Engineer, Business/Financial Analyst or Systems Analyst in a company with large, complex data sources.
· Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
· Experience working with AWS big data technologies (EMR, Redshift, S3)
· Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
· Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy
· Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on data engineering
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with sharp analytical abilities and design skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.View More
More jobs from our partners (313)
AppleAI/ML – Data Engineer (Natural Language), Siri Understanding on14 May 2021Any