Data Engineer will build a world-class data platform and deploy scalable business intelligence tools for ADS teams. The ideal candidate relishes working with large volumes of data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex technical contexts, and, above all else, is passionate about data and analytics. He/she is an expert with data modeling, ETL design and business intelligence tools and passionately partners with the business to identify strategic opportunities where improvements in data infrastructure create outsized business impact. He/she is a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big (while paying careful attention to detail) and enjoys working in a fast-paced team. The ideal candidate needs to possess exceptional technical expertise in large scale data warehouse and BI systems with hands-on knowledge on SQL, Distributed/MPP data storage, Hadoop and AWS services.
A day in the life
Work on product, program, and/or project management in leading cross-functional teams to continuously improve the business and define what is next
About the hiring group
The ADS team is part of Amazon’s speech platform organization that provides speech recognition capabilities for various Amazon products and searches, most visibly, the Amazon Echo product.
· Design, implement and support a platform providing ad hoc access to large datasets
· Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL
· Implement data structures using best practices in data modeling, ETL/ELT processes, and SQL, Oracle, Redshift, and OLAP technologies
· Model data and metadata for ad hoc and pre-built reporting
· Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete reporting solutions
· Build robust and scalable data integration (ETL) pipelines using SQL, Python and Spark.
· Build and deliver high-quality datasets to support business analyst and customer reporting needs.
· Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
· Participate in strategic & tactical planning discussions, including annual budget processes
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.View More