Do you want to solve challenging problems that can have a positive impact in the world? Join our team and collaborate with a talented group of data and software engineers..
AWS Global Trade and Product Compliance (GTPC) ensures that Amazon complies with safety, trade, environmental, and other laws worldwide. Our team, GTPC Tech, builds web applications and services to manage, measure and automate our compliance processes. We seek a Senior Data Engineer to help design and architect our Compliance Engineering data platform.
As a Data Engineer, you will join the ranks of a large and growing community of senior engineers who are redefining how distributed systems are scaled and operated. In this role, you will have ownership of an end-to-end development of data engineering solutions to complex questions and you’ll play an integral role in strategic decision-making with our team of software developers. You believe in high standards for code quality, code reviews, testing, and operations, and help develop engineers in GTPC and beyond. You believe technical standards are a mechanism for achieving results and are committed to contribute to Amazon’s overall technical architecture and engineering practices.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee- led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well balanced life—both in and outside of work.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don’t like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don’t get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
· 2+ years professional experience in data engineering, business intelligence, data science or related field
· Experience with AWS technologies including Redshift, DynamoDB, RDS, S3, EMR, EML or similar solutions
· Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
· Experience in Python, Java or other similar languages
· Experience with data management fundamentals and data storage principles
· Experience with distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing
· Experience with serverless computing, enterprise-wide systems, and AWS products
· Excellent knowledge of Advanced SQL working with large data sets
· Knowledge of Advanced Statistics and implementing ML models
· Experience working successfully with partner teams at remote locations
· Understanding of Agile software engineering practices
· Experience mentoring software engineers
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for his role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.View More
More jobs from our partners (189)
AppleAI/ML – Data Platform Engineer, Siri Search, Knowledge & Platform on2 April 2021Any
AppleAI/ML – Engineering Program Manager, ML Platform & Technology on3 April 2021Any
AppleAI/ML – iOS Engineer Voice Input/Dictation, Siri Experience on26 March 2021Any