How often have you had an opportunity to be an early member of a team that is tasked with solving a huge customer need through disruptive and innovative technology?
The Team: WW Operations Finance is poised for a revolution. Historically, automation and technical infusion has taken a back-seat to important financial functions such as controllership, financial oversight, risk mitigation, and strong investment analysis. Finance is set to be the Chief Story Tellers, and along the way inject machine learning, BI, advanced analytics and technical tools – built to suit finance and business needs.
The Financial Systems and Analytics Team (FSAT) is seeking a Data Engineer to help lead a flagship multi-year project to inject automated planning and reporting, predictive forecasting, and help shape an end UI, built on the AWS Data Lake. We are the tech team that supports WW Amazon Operations – one of the fastest growing, largest and most complex Supply Chains in the world. This position requires a high level of technical expertise with data engineering concepts.
· Deliver on data architecture projects and implementation of next generation financial solutions.
·Manage AWS resources including EC2, RDS, Redshift, Kinesis, EMR, Lambda etc.
· Build and deliver high quality data architecture and pipelines to support customer reporting needs.
· Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources.
· Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers.
· 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
· Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
· Experience in SQL
· Experience in design and optimization of data-processing systems using AWS services (S3, EMR, Lambda, Glue, Athena, SNS, CloudWatch, Redshift, Aurora/RDS)
· Proficiency one common data pipeline language like Python/Java/Scala.
· Relevant corporate finance experience exhibiting knowledge of financial planning, budgeting and forecasting functions and related processes.
· Strong scripting skills, e.g., Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.
· Familiarity with other IBM software products
· Experience with design & delivery of formal training curriculum and programs
· Proficiency with Microsoft Project, Visio, and SharePoint
· Project management, scoping, reporting, and scheduling experience a plus
· Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or other technical discipline
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a customer focused, professional demeanor
· Able to work on a diverse team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.View More
More jobs from our partners (169)
AppleAI/ML – Voice Interaction R&D Engineer, Siri Understanding on8 February 2021Any