Are you passionate about leveraging data to deliver actionable insight that impacts daily business decision of Amazon? Does the prospect of dealing with massive volume of data excite you? Do you want to build a cutting-edge highly scalable analytics platform using AWS technologies?
The Team: We are one of the dev teams within Region Services that works on the tooling that helps us deploy and track services to every AWS region around the globe. This team will have the opportunity to work on highly visible projects that directly impact hundreds of other teams at Amazon.
Engineers at Amazon work on real world problems on a global scale, own their systems end-to-end, and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions customers around the world. Join a team of super smart, customer obsessed developers that think big and have fun.
The right candidate will possess excellent business and communication skills, be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions, and be able to collaborate with Software Developers and Technical Program Managers to analyze data that will answer those questions. You should have a solid understanding of how to build efficient and scalable data infrastructure and data models.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are dedicated to supporting our new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
· · Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
· 5 or more years’ of overall work experience in a related field, including 3 or more years analytics, data engineering or related field
· Proven experience in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing, or similar skills
· Demonstrable skills and experience using SQL with large data sets (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, Redshift)
· Experience with AWS technologies including Redshift, RDS, S3
· Proven track record of successful communication of data infrastructure, data models, and data engineering solutions through written communication, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
· · Industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
· Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Java, etc)
· Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
· Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources
· Query performance tuning skills using Unix profiling tools and SQL
· Experience leading large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects, including using AWS technologies – Redshift, S3, EC2, Data-pipeline and other big data technologies
· Experience providing technical leadership and mentor other engineers for the best practices on the data engineering space
· Linux/UNIX including to process large data sets.
· Experience with AWS
*Please email AWS Sourcing Recruiter, Scott Korkowski ([email protected]) if you have questions.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.View More
More jobs from our partners (213)
NetflixAdministrative Assistant, Data Science & Engineering on8 April 2021Full Time
AppleAI/ML – Voice Building Engineer, Siri Text-to-Speech on1 March 2021Any