Are you interested in innovating to deliver a world-class level of service to Amazon’s Vendors and Selling Partners?
We are looking for a talented data engineer to help build/enhance the global communications platform between millions of Customers and third-party Sellers. You will own many large datasets, implement new data pipelines that feed into or from critical data systems at Amazon, and your insights will impact millions of Customers, Vendors and Sellers who communicate with each other for mission-critical use cases every day.
As a Data Engineer, you will develop new data engineering patterns that leverage new cloud architectures, and will extend or migrate existing data pipelines to the architectures as needed. You will also be assisting with integrating the Redshift platform as our primary processing platform to create the curated Amazon.com data model for the enterprise to leverage.
You will be responsible for designing and implementing the complex ETL pipelines in data warehouse platform and other BI solutions to support the rapidly growing and dynamic business demand for data, and use it to deliver the data as service.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related technical discipline
· 4+ years of industry experience in software development, data engineering, business intelligence, data science, or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
· Experience using big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Spark, EMR, etc.)
· Experience using business intelligence reporting tools (Tableau, Business Objects, Cognos, etc.)
· Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage concepts
· A desire to work in a collaborative, curious environment.
· 5+ years of industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
· Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Java, etc)
· Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
· Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources
· Query performance tuning skills using Unix profiling tools and SQL
· Experience managing large-scale data warehousing projects, including using AWS technologies – Redshift, S3, EC2, Data-pipeline and other big data technologies
· Experience providing technical guidance and mentor other engineers for the best practices on the data engineering space
· Linux/UNIX including to process large data sets.
· Experience with AWS, cloud computing
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
More jobs from our partners (328)
AppleAI/ML- Data Engineer, Siri Search, Knowledge & Platform on29 July 2021Any