The Amazon BADS (Business Analytics and Decision Support) team is seeking a Data Engineer with an aptitude in systems development. If you enjoy innovating, thinking big and want to build automation solutions for a highly scalable data platform using AWS technologies, you may be a prime candidate for this position.
We are looking for an experienced, self-driven, analytical, strategic Data Engineer with a strong skill set in Python and solid background with systems development. In this role, you will be working in a large, complex data warehouse and automation environment. You should be passionate about coding optimized and efficient solutions, working with disparate data sources and bringing information together to answer critical business questions. You should have deep expertise in the creation and management of data automation and the proven ability to translate data into meaningful insights through collaboration with analysts and engineers. In this role, you will share ownership of end-to-end development of data engineering solutions to answer complex questions and you’ll play an integral role in strategic decision-making.
The right candidate will possess excellent technical capability, be able to automate data ingestion at scale, create solutions within the AWS development platform, onboard and integrate new and existing datasets, and be able to collaborate to analyze data that will answer those questions.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to display and develop your skills in the following areas:
· Create and manage python-based automation solutions using AWS technologies
· Prioritize and deliver structured and ad-hoc data automation projects
· Manage and automate enterprise scale data warehouse solution within AWS
· Troubleshoot and support new and existing coding solutions on Development, Beta and Production platforms following industry best practices
· Collect, analyze and present actionable data insights to drive operational support and logistics decisions
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related technical discipline
· 4+ years of industry experience in software development, data engineering, or business intelligence with a track record of coding automation, manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
· Proven skillset in coding automation solutions using Python with the AWS SDK
· Knowledge of object-oriented design and data structures
· Experience with AWS services – Redshift, Lambda, S3, SQS, and Kinesis
· Experience with NoSQL/SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Redshift)
· Experience using RESTful/OData API services
· Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
· Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
· Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing
· Understand business processes, logical data models and relational database implementations for data analysis
· Highly motivated, self-driven, capable of defining own design and test scenarios
· Expertise in at least one popular Python Web framework (Django, Flask or Pyramid)
· Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy
· Experience supporting business intelligence reporting tools (Tableau preferred)
· Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience deploying infrastructure as code (CloudFormation preferred)