The Amazon A to Z team enables the scaling of our hourly workforce. The A to Z mobile application directly impacts the lives of associates by helping them identify the best shifts for their schedule, opportunities to pick up additional work, and choose when they get paid. We are committed to helping associates achieve the work life harmony that is best for them. We are also committed to helping Amazon acquire, train, and retain associates to fulfill Amazon’s mission to be the world’s most customer centric company.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, analytical, and highly motivated data engineer to join the team. The data engineer will build the data repository and ETL for our global product and team. The ideal candidate must possess strong analytical acumen and be able to manage an extensive amount of data. A successful candidate possesses superb data engineering skills, a high degree of customer-obsession, a track record for delivering results, is a strong collaborator, and has a strong analytical acumen. Enthusiasm for a start-up / builder role is a plus.
Primary responsibilities will include:
· Data modeling to support realtime & batch monitoring & alerts,
· Enable more efficient adhoc queries & analysis
· Work closely with BIEs and product leads to scale data
· Work closely with product and BIE leads to design and implement relevant monitoring and alerting
· Ensure consistency between various platform, operational, and analytic data sources to enable faster and more efficient detection and resolution of issues
· Explore and learn the latest AWS technologies to provide new capabilities and increase efficiencies
· Raise the bar on the importance of data within the product and analytics teams
· Support the teams through our 3 year journey, helping design our future data architecture
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical discipline
· 4+ years of industry experience in software development, data engineering, business intelligence, data science, or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
· Hands-on experience and advanced knowledge of SQL
· Experience in Data Modeling, ETL Development, and Data Warehousing
· Solid understanding of data design approaches (and how to best use them)
· Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
· Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing
· Masters in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative fields.
· 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer, BI Engineer or related field in a company with large, complex data sources.
· Experience working with AWS big data technologies (Redshift, S3, EMR)
· Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy.
· Familiarity with data quality automation.
· Familiarity with mobile application usage tracking data
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.View More
More jobs from our partners (5033)
AppleAI/ML – Engineering Program Manager, Machine Learning & Platform Technologies on25 September 2020Any
AppleAI/ML – Data Infrastructure Ingestion Platform Engineer, Siri Search & Knowledge Platform on24 September 2020Any
AppleAI/ML – Data Infrastructure Engineering, Siri Search & Knowledge Platform on25 September 2020Any
AppleAI/ML – Data Quality Engineer, Data Grading Platform on25 September 2020Any
AppleAI/ML – Machine Learning Engineer, ML Platform & Technology on24 September 2020Any