Amazon Global Mile Finance team is looking for an outstanding Data Engineer who is data-driven, uncompromisingly detail oriented, smart, efficient, and driven to help our business succeed. You have passion for technology. You are keen to leverage existing skills while trying new approaches. You are not tool-centric; you determine what technology works best for the problem at hand and apply it accordingly. You can explain complex concepts to your non-technical customers in simple terms.
As a Data Engineer, you will be working in one of the world’s largest and most complex data warehouse environments. You will design, implement and support scalable data infrastructure solutions to integrate with multi heterogeneous data sources, aggregate and retrieve data in a fast and safe mode, curate data that can be used in reporting, analysis, machine learning models and ad-hoc data requests. You will be exposed to cutting edge AWS big data technologies. You should have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with business owners and Tech leaders to gather infrastructure requirements, design data infrastructure, build up data pipelines and data-sets to meet business needs. You stay abreast of emerging technologies, investigating and implementing where appropriate.
Your major responsibilities will include
· Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS big data technologies.
· Explore and learn the latest AWS technologies to provide new capabilities and increase efficiencies.
· Designing and implementing complex ETL pipelines and other BI solutions.
· Work closely with business owners, developers, Business Intelligence Engineer to explore new data sources and deliver the data.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical discipline
· 3+ years of industry experience in Data Engineering, BI Engineer, or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from bigdata
· Hands-on experience and advanced knowledge of SQL, Python etc.
· Strong experience in distributed data processing, Data Modeling, ETL Development, and Data Warehousing
· Masters in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative fields.
· 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer, BI Engineer or related field in a company with large, complex data sources.
· Experience working with AWS big data technologies (Redshift, S3, EMR)
· Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy.
· Familiarity with solving data quality issues and auto detection algorithms
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.View More
More jobs from our partners (313)
AppleAI/ML – Data Engineer (Natural Language), Siri Understanding on14 May 2021Any