Amazon strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can research and purchase anything they might want online or offline. We set big goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them.
Amazon Advertising is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for large brands, small businesses, partners (agencies and advertising software companies) and publishers. Our ad solutions—including sponsored ads, display, video, audio, and custom ads—leverage Amazon’s innovations and insights to find, attract, and engage audiences throughout their daily journeys. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service, managed service, and programmatic ad buying, these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, increase sales, and more.
As a data engineer on the DSP Services team, you will have the exciting opportunity to work on very large data sets in one of the world’s largest and most complex data warehouse environments. You will work closely with the business teams in analysis on various cost savings initiatives, many non-standard and unique business problems and use creative-problem solving to deliver actionable output.
This role will be an individual contributor leading the architecture and data road map efforts, guiding junior engineers in the team and building platforms to solve complex problems. This role would work backwards from customer problems to design solutions to meet the goals. This position will lead the design efforts on a variety of reporting projects to support multiple teams and products. You will partner with business and product development teams throughout the product life cycle producing timely and top quality reports.
We are seeking a candidate with a restlessness to answer “why” questions and passion about using data to drive decision-making. We will be developing best in class data platform along with highly intuitive and easy to use dashboards to handle all aspects of data processing, visualization, and efficiency tracking. The dashboards will be internationalized and used by our data associates, research scientists, and managers around the world. The candidate should be willing to take on challenging initiatives and be capable of working both independently and with others as a team.
· 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
· Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
· Experience in SQL
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering).
· 3+ years of DW architect experience.
· 5+ years of relevant experience in one of the following areas: Data engineering, business intelligence or business analytics.
· 5+ years of hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large datasets.
· 5+ years of experience in scripting languages like Python, etc.
· Experience in data modeling, ETL development, and Data warehousing.
· Data Warehousing Experience with Oracle, Redshift, etc.
· 3+ years of experience with AWS services including S3, Redshift, EMR and RDS.
· Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Spark, etc.)
· Experience in working and delivering end-to-end projects independently.
· 10+ years of DW experience.
· 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer, BI Engineer, Business/Financial Analyst or Systems Analyst in a company with large, complex data sources.
· Experience in architecting large scale BI solutions.
· Developing and deploying datamart, analytic solutions
· Experience with scalable columnar database structures.
· Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
· Experience with software coding practices is a strong plus.
· Experience using Linux/UNIX to process large data sets.
· Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
· Superior attention to detail and ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
· Good Communication skills and team player
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.View More
More jobs from our partners (323)
AppleAI/ML- Data Engineer, Siri Search, Knowledge & Platform on27 July 2021Any
AppleAI/ML – Frontend Engineer, Siri Engineering Efficiency on26 July 2021Any
AppleAI/ML – Screening/Integration Engineer, Siri Understanding on27 July 2021Any