Do you enjoy designing and implementing procurement and supply chain strategies, processes, systems, working through complex problems, and overwhelming your customers with low cost and high flexibility? Do you have a desire to make a major contribution to the future in the rapid growth environment of Cloud Computing?
Amazon Web Services is looking for an experienced Data Engineer to define, develop and drive the future state data infrastructure and business intelligence solutions for the Infrastructure Supply Chain & Procurement team. In this high impact role, the candidate will coordinate with cross functional groups to drive data model development and analytics on detailed cost structure and supply chain flexibility in support of rapidly growing need for data and information in a dynamic business environment.
As a Data Engineer II, you will design, implement and support scalable data warehouse and business intelligence solutions. This role involves both backend and front end development. You will be responsible for creating logical & physical data models, developing and supporting ETLS, carrying out performance tuning and other necessary admin activities (Tableau Server & Alteryx Server). You will develop and manage business intelligence solutions for self-service using Tableau or other reporting tools/technologies.
You will be primarily using but not limited to AWS solution stacks like Redshift, S3, Data Pipelines (Hammerstone), Lamda, and reporting tools such as Tableau and Alteryx to implement BI solutions. There is huge potential to further automate and shape our BI landscape. An ideal candidate should be able to use technical and business acumen to shape data strategy.
Primary duties of this role will include:
· Continuous design, development, and maintenance of our data models and Business Intelligence platforms
· ETL development and support
· Tableau dashboard and report development and support
· Promote self-service using automation, documentation and training
· Scoping, design and implementation of metrics dashboards to deepen understanding of cost structure and highlight opportunities for improvement
· Creating analytical cost models to guide global supply chain initiatives towards maximum long term value optimizing supply chain flexibility and total cost of ownership
· Developing and implementing methods and systems to continually improve continuity of supply and operational efficiencies
· Developing a deep understanding of our internal customer planning models and desired supply chain attributes
· Driving the coordination of cross functional teams to define specifications and desired outcomes
· Generation, tracking, and execution of project plans, along with co-management of the team’s data architecture roadmap
· Effectively communicating the vision to business leaders to drive change
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field industry experience
· 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer and data warehousing
· 2+ years of experience in Redshift, Datalake, Oracle, Teradata or other MPP databases
· Experience with data modeling and ETL (load/transform) development
· Exceptional command of SQL
· Hands on experience of reporting tool such and Tableau and Alteryx
· Work experience analyzing global supply chain networks and delivering specific business value through data-driven insights.
· Prior experience supporting Operations, Procurement, and Supply Chain
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.View More