GCF ACES (Global Customer Fulfillment Amazon Customer Excellency System) is seeking a highly talented and motivated Data Engineer to join the Quantitative Business Intelligence Tools (QuBIT) team. In this role, you will be for responsible for building a data lake and implementing data pipelines from various Fulfillment and Transportation applications used to provide seamless data access/visibility across North American Customer Fulfillment (NACF) Network with visibility spanning from Fulfillment Center teams to corporate leadership. This NACF network includes hundreds of fulfillment centers charged with completing and shipping hundreds of millions of packages to customers each year! Every package we ship out is an opportunity for improvement, translating to better prices and service to our customers.
We are looking for a passionate data engineer to develop a robust, scalable data model and optimize the consumption of data sources we require to generate unique insights about our operations/systems. You will work with top-notch professionals developing complex systems at scale and with a focus on sustained operational excellence. Members of this team will be challenged to innovate using the latest big data techniques. We are looking for people who are motivated by thinking big, moving fast, and exploring business insights. If you love to implement solutions to hard problems while working hard, having fun, and making history, this may be the opportunity for you.
Data Engineer Responsibilities
· Design, implement and support an analytical data infrastructure providing ad-hoc access to large datasets and computing power
· Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS big data technologies
· Be enthusiastic about building deep domain knowledge about Amazon’s business and the fulfillment quality space.
· Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven, and deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment.
· Enjoy working closely with your peers in a group of very smart and talented engineers.
· Help continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
· Explore and learn the latest AWS technologies to provide new capabilities and increase efficiency
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or similar), or 5+ years of software development/data engineering experience
· Experience in at least one modern object-oriented programming language (Ruby, Python, Java)
· Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and Data warehousing.
· Experience with Redshift, Oracle, NoSQL etc.
· Experience in working and delivering end-to-end projects independently.
· Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing
· 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer in a company with large, complex data sources
· Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
· Experience working with AWS big data technologies (EMR, Redshift, S3, Glue, Kinesis and Lambda for serverless ETL)
· Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
· Experience using business intelligence reporting tools (Quicksight, Power BI, Tableau, Cognos, etc.)
· Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy
· Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on data engineering
· Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development life cycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Mindset and problem solving skills to towards continuous improvement and have an edge to continuously research on latest technologies
· Passion for building great notification experiences which directly impacts our customers
· Able to work in a diverse team
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.View More