The Core Shopping organization is responsible for building the experiences and systems that enable every customer on earth to discover, evaluate, and purchase products and services across the Amazon store. We build core experiences, common across all shopping journeys, as well as experiences tailored to the needs of specific products, businesses or locales. To enable innovation at this scale we empower builders across Amazon to develop these unique shopping experiences within our pages and systems on behalf of customers. The Core Shopping umbrella includes the Homepage, Detail Page, Global Navigation, Cart, Checkout, Featured Merchant Algorithm, and Mobile App Experience.
The Team: Core Shopping Analytics is the analytic counterpart for all the teams under the Core Shopping umbrella. In addition to these teams, we also empower the 350+ Partner teams. In a given day, 100MM+ unique customers visit at least one of our pages, generating 2.0B+ server-side hits. We elevate the shopping experience for every customer through data and analytics. We do this by: 1) publishing comprehensive, broadly accessible datasets that reflect the customer experience across the shopping journey; 2) creating tools for builders across Amazon to consume actionable insights; and 3) identifying opportunities and insights to improve the experiences and systems. The 10+ person team includes Data Engineers, Business Intelligence Engineers and Data Scientists.
The Role: You will own Core Shopping Analytics’ data engineering and architecture. In close collaboration with the Senior DE on the team, you will design, implement, and maintain next generation BI solutions for large scale and complex data structures to ensure the data is auditable, available and accessible. You will work closely with internal technology teams to log new features and experiences. You will coordinate with partner teams to consume and produce critical datasets at scale. You will mentor and develop other DEs and BIEs both on the team and across the broader Amazon Consumer organization.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering).
· 3+ years of relevant experience in one of the following areas: Data engineering, or Business intelligence.
· 3+ years of experience with demonstrated strength in ETL/ELT, data modeling, and data warehouse/lakes.
· Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy.
· Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets.
· Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources.
· Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Masters in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative field
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.View More
More jobs from our partners (190)
AppleAI/ML – Frontend Engineer, Siri Engineering Efficiency on4 August 2021Any
AppleAI/ML – Sr. ML Engineer, Siri Search, Knowledge & Platform on4 August 2021Any
AppleAI/ML- Tools Engineer- Performance, Siri Search, Knowledge & Platform on4 August 2021Any