Are you passionate about innovative technologies like speech? Interested in Amazon Alexa, the brain behind Amazon Echo? The Amazon Alexa team is continuously working towards improving our customer experience to discover, personalize, and monetize Alexa Skills for devices such as Amazon Echo, Amazon Show, Amazon Spot and more. If you’re not familiar with Alexa and Skills you can learn more here: https://amazon.com/alexaskills. Our team is looking for a passionate, solution-oriented Data Engineer to build analytical solutions that deepen our collective understanding of Alexa customers, influence innovation, and deliver actionable insights.
This role is both creative and data driven – we need someone who can us think big about scalability, and long-term automation. This is an individual contributor role who will work closely with internal teams, and partners across the Alexa business line and other partner teams in these areas to provide decision support in this rapidly evolving space.
This role requires an individual with deep knowledge of business intelligence solution, excellent statistical and analytical abilities, and have the ability to work with technology, product development, and business teams. The successful candidate will have a passion for data and analytics, be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, an ability to work in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, and driven by a desire to innovate Amazon’s approach to this space. To be successful in this role, you should have broad skills in database design, be comfortable dealing with large and complex data sets, have experience building self-service dashboards and using visualization tools, always applying analytical rigor to solve business problems. You should have strong business and communication skills and be able to work closely with product managers and business units to define key business questions and build data sets and models that answer them. Our DEs are expected to have a detailed understanding of our business and never lose sight of the broader problems that we are trying to solve.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or another quantitative field
· 3+ years of relevant work experience in a role requiring application of analytic skills to integrate data into operational/business planning or advanced degree
· Strong experience with ETL development, data modeling, data warehousing, and databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
· Experience in Perl, Python, or another scripting language; command line usage
· Advanced ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders and senior management as required.
· Experience in gathering requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting.
· Experienced working in a fast-paced, high-tech environment and comfortable navigating conflicting priorities and ambiguous problems
· Strong track record in converting data analysis into tangible and significant real-world changes.
· Strong grasp of quantitative data analysis and statistics.
· 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
· Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
· Experience in SQL
· MBA or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field
· Experience working with AWS big data technologies (EMR, Redshift, S3, Glue, Kinesis and Lambda for serverless ETL)
· Experience working in very large data warehouse environments
· 3+ years of experience in a data engineer or BIE role with a technology company
· Experience conducting large scale data analysis to support business decision making
· Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
· Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or dirty data.
· Strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
· Strong dashboarding skills with Tableau/QuickSight, etc.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.View More
More jobs from our partners (1142)
AmazonSr. Data Engineer – SCAR team, supporting Global Specialty Fulfillment on23 November 2020Any