Do you want to share your passion for technology? Are you looking for your next challenge? Join us in building and maintaining the learning systems that are reaching millions of AWS Customers, Partners, and Users as they learn how to maximize tools, services, and offerings in Amazon Web Services (AWS). We are constantly evolving our core systems to enable our customers in their journey to gain technical expertise.
We are looking for a passionate data engineer to develop a robust, scalable data model and optimize the consumption of data sources we require to generate unique insights about our systems. You will share in the ownership of the technical vision and direction for advanced analytics and insight products. You will work with top-notch technical professionals developing complex systems at scale and with a focus on sustained operational excellence. Members of this team will be challenged to innovate using the latest big data techniques. We are looking for people who are motivated by thinking big, moving fast, and exploring business insights. If you love to implement solutions to hard problems while working hard, having fun, and making history, this may be the opportunity for you.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to display your skills in the following areas:
· Design, implement and support an analytical data infrastructure providing ad-hoc access to large datasets and computing power
· Managing AWS resources including EC2, RDS, Redshift, et cetera
· Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS big data technologies
· Explore and learn the latest AWS technologies to provide new capabilities and increase efficiency
· Collaborate with Business Intelligence Engineers (BIEs) to recognize and help adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
· Collaborate with other tech teams to implement advanced analytics algorithms that exploit our rich datasets for statistical analysis, prediction, clustering and machine learning
· Help continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
· 4+ years of industry experience in software development, data engineering, business intelligence, data science, or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
· 2+ years of experience with traditional RDBMS technologies, SQL and SQL tuning
· 2+ years of experience in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
· Experience with one or more big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Spark etc.)
· Experience in one or more scripting or programming language
· Knowledge of data management fundamentals, distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing
· Proficiency in building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets.
· Proficiency in building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources.
· Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy
· Experience leading large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects, including using AWS technologies – Redshift, S3, EC2, Data-pipeline and other big data technologies
· Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on data engineering
· Familiarity with statistical models and data mining algorithms
· Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Strong analytical skills
· Ability to work in a diverse team environment.
· Masters in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative fields.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
More jobs from our partners (5032)
AppleSoC Physical Design Engineer, Methodology and Machine Learning on21 September 2020Any
AppleAI/ML – Machine Learning Engineer/Scientist (NLP) – Siri Understanding on21 September 2020Any
AppleAI/ML – Engineering Product Manager, Siri Rotational Program on21 September 2020Any
AppleAI/ML – Screening/Integration Engineer, Siri Search & Knowledge Platform on21 September 2020Any
AppleAI/ML – Tools and Automation ML Engineer, Machine Translation on21 September 2020Any