The Amazon Payments Team manages all Amazon branded payment offerings globally. These offerings are growing rapidly and we are continuously adding new market-leading features and launching new products. Our team manages a financial services machine learning ad serving platform (Billions of impressions per year) through Amazon’s purchase path where we offer Amazon branded and non-branded payment products and services.
Our team of high caliber software developers, data scientists, statisticians and product managers use rigorous quantitative approaches to ensure that we target the right product to the right customer at the right moment, managing tradeoffs between click through rate, approval rates and lifetime value. In order to accomplish this we leverage the wealth of Amazon’s information to build a wide range of probabilistic models, set up experiments that ensure that we are thriving to reach global optimums and leverage Amazon’s technological infrastructure to display the right offerings in real time. We are looking for a highly motivated BI/Data Engineer to join us in engineering up a world-class analytical platform. Our Petabytes of data has the ability to improve the shopping experience for hundreds of millions of consumers worldwide. Our goal is to delight our customers with their purchasing experience as well. Those of us who love to work with data see this as the pinnacle of opportunities that you cannot find anywhere else in the world. We are looking for an outstanding business intelligence engineer that can help us transition to big data, extract meaning from billions of data points, and automate processes to feed the right data into our machine learning engine. Furthermore, the person should be able to analyze data from dozens of different services, make sense of the results, and be able to communicate them to top management. Amazon.com has a culture of data-driven decision-making, and demands business intelligence that is timely, accurate, and actionable. You know and love working with business intelligence tools, can model multidimensional datasets, and can partner with customers to answer key business questions. You are analytical and creative, and you don’t quit.
· Design, implement, and support a platform providing ad-hoc and automated access to large datasets.
· Interface with business customers and software developers, gathering requirements and delivering complete reporting solutions.
· Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
· Participate in strategic & tactical planning discussions and solve difficult problems in building the next generation of our display advertising engine.
· Use data mining, model building, and other analytical techniques to develop and maintain customer segmentation and predictive models to drive the business and improve our machine learning engine.
· Make recommendations for new metrics, techniques, and strategies to improve campaign targeting and measurement in the future.
We are looking for Data Engineer who has a passion for their customers and a passion for working with data. You like working with your customers, understanding their challenges, and partnering with them to invent great solutions. You like working with large data sets, and bringing data together from multiple systems to answer critical business questions and drive change. You are analytical and creative. You should also have the following skills or experiences:Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance or related technical field.
· 3+ years developing end-to-end Business Intelligence solutions: data modeling, ETL and reporting
· 3+ years in relational database concepts with a solid knowledge of star schema, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Tuning, OLAP, Big Data technologies
· Experience with coding languages like Python/Scala
· Experience in working with business customers to drive requirements analysis
· Have analytical skills and be creative
· Experience with Big Data solutions: Hadoop, Hive, Apache Spark, etc.
· Exposure to MPP databases, BI applications, data quality and performance tuning
· Excellent written and spoken communication skill
· Experience partnering with business owners directly to understand their requirements and provide data which can help them observe patterns and spot anomalies.
· Experience with web technology to develop dashboards.
· Practical Knowledge of Linux or Unix shell scripting
· Experience in processing large volume of data.
· Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
· Demonstrated experience in dealing with Senior Management on addressing their reporting and metrics requirements
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
More jobs from our partners (285)
- Machine Learning Engineer for Digital Circuits Team on13 August 2020Any