X-Mode’s mission is empowering innovation with quality location with a vision to set the standard for location. This will enable companies to create a more connected tomorrow by making their products and services a reality.
With 60M+ global panel, a first-party, privacy compliant SDK-driven publisher network of 400+ mobile apps, X-Mode supplies its products & services to hundreds of clients in various sectors: digital advertising, market research, location services, financial services, real estate, and smart cities. As an industry leader in providing high-quality dense location data, X-Mode takes the appropriate measures to put the right data privacy and protection policies in place as well as ensure we are transparent with our publishers and enterprise clients.
X-Mode is looking for a full-time Data Engineer who will support the development and maintenance of sustainable data integration pipelines that enable our team to perform timely analyses. The Data Engineer will also build scalable tools and work with data warehousing systems needed to support X-Mode’s data customers. This position will report to our Data Team Engineering Manager.
This position can be remote or on-site at our Reston, Virginia HQ. Please note that at this time, X-Mode is not sponsoring visas for any positions.
- Write Spark, Python/Scala, and SQL to perform ETL on billions of location records per day
- Implement ETL pipelines in AWS (EMR/Glue) to support feature stores for analysis and machine learning use cases.
- Write complex SQL, including geospatial, to fulfill customer requests for analysis
- Build dashboards to surface data-driven insights
- 3-5 years of data engineering or relevant industry experience
- 1+ years experience and working proficiency with Spark
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical areas like Math, Statistics, and/or other Engineering degrees
- Strong proficiency with Python
- Advanced proficiency with SQL, comfortable with complex joins
- Familiarity with Scala preferred
- Knowledge of AWS data engineering products (S3, RDS, EMR, Glue, Athena…) is a plus
- Experience with spatial data, joins and operations is a plus
- Self-initiative and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for data
- Cool people, solving cool problems.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 15 Days of PTO (Paid Time Off)
- We value your input. This is a chance to get in on the “ground floor” of a growing company
At X-Mode, we’re excited about building a diverse team and creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, and we encourage all applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status to apply.
This job was posted by Remotive
You may view the original job here: https://remotive.io/remote-jobs/data/data-engineer-268400View More
More jobs from our partners (1255)
AppleApple Media Products – Senior Data Engineer, Analytics on28 September 2020Any
AppleAI/ML – Engineering Product Manager, Siri Rotational Program on28 September 2020Any
AppleAI/ML – Engineering Program Manager, Machine Learning Privacy Technologies on28 September 2020Any
AppleMachine Learning Engineer – Online Retail Analytics on17 September 2020Any
AppleAI/ML – Engineering Program Manager, Siri Automatic Speech Recognition on28 September 2020Any
NetflixSenior Data Engineer – Platform Data Science & Engineering on28 September 2020Full Time