Are you ready to change Prime? Join our team of data professionals!
Are you somebody that likes to use big data to drive business decisions? Do you enjoy building data applications used worldwide by business leaders? Do you want to be part of the data team which measures the pulse of Prime and drives change? If your answer is yes, join our team. We are the analytical arm of Prime globally. We work with country leaders, product managers, marketing and finance to ensure Prime remains one of the most loved membership programs.
What is Prime? It’s a membership program including over 150 million members in more than 18 countries. Prime offers some of the best shopping and entertainment experiences with Amazon. Prime members enjoy Prime FREE One-Day Shipping and Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery in more than 8,000 cities and towns, two-hour delivery with Prime Now in more than 30 major cities and unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on more than 100 million items. In addition, in the U.S., members enjoy unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV entertainment with Prime Video; unlimited access to Prime Music, Prime Reading, Amazon Photos, Twitch Prime; early access to select Lightning Deals, Whole Foods Market discounts and more.
As part of the global Prime Analytics team, we build scalable data solutions to enable insight generation in addition to providing analytical support for flagship initiatives within Amazon. Example data solutions include 1) campaign analyzer, a tool which allows business leaders to A/B test product launches and marketing campaigns and 2) variance analyzer, a tool which enables country leaders to examine the movement of any business KPI along multiple dimensions and determine rate/mix effects. Recent analytical projects include impact measurement of 1 day shipping introduction, analysis of nation-wide brand campaigns and investigation of usage patterns to recommend products and campaigns to increase customer satisfaction.
As a Data Engineer in this team, you will collaborate closely with prime business leaders, data science and finance teams to build scalable solutions within the Prime benefits analytical space. Your work will directly contribute to our data science models and data applications that aim to improve the customer experience within the Prime family. You will re-architect existing solutions, where needed, to enable seamless integration with the growing list of Prime benefits and countries where Prime is offered. As a successful candidate, you will be able to interact with both technical stakeholders, setting technological standards, as well as business stakeholder to provide subject matter expertise.
· 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
· Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
· Experience in SQL
· MS in a technical or business field
· 5+ years of progressively responsible work experience
· Experience building interactive, scalable data solutions
· Experience in building large scale distributed data processing pipelines
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Experience with AWS technologies including Cradle, EMR, Spark, S3 etc.
· Ability to deal well with ambiguity
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
· Demonstrated ability to drive operational excellence and best practices.
· Excellence in technical communication with peers, partners, and non-technical cohorts
More jobs from our partners (283)
- Machine Learning Engineer for Digital Circuits Team on13 August 2020Any