Amazon’s Alexa is a cloud-based voice service that powers Amazon’s groundbreaking voice-powered devices. These devices are part of Amazon’s vision to build a computer in the cloud that is completely controlled by your voice. The Alexa Economics team is looking for a Data Engineer to join us. Our team is identifying the key drivers for engaging customers on the Alexa platform across devices, skills and services. As a part of the larger Alexa Customer Experience team, your area of influence and impact will be all of the Alexa organization across the globe.
We are seeking an experienced Data Engineer who is looking to lead our data infrastructure, helping define how we instrument, organize, and store Alexa customer data for insights and modelling. In this role, you will work closely with Software Developers, BI Engineers, and Scientists and interface with other Data Engineers across Alexa to determine how to bring data sources together. You will play a crucial role in reducing costs for our team (both computing and manual scientist time) through designing an efficient data structure and working with Software Developers to automate our modelling solutions.
A successful candidate will be able to partner effectively with a wide range of technical teams, including clear communication across a variety of stakeholders. He/she will be an expert in bringing together disparate data sources and architecting efficient large scale BI solutions. The candidate will also have an eye for optimization and automation in their work. We are looking for a highly autonomous individual who is comfortable being an expert in his/her space and dealing with ambiguity. This high-impact role provides a great opportunity to demonstrate capabilities to show ownership, think big, invent and simplify, and deliver results.
· Interface with business customers and team scientists and engineers to gather data and metrics requirements
· Collaborate with data and software engineers to implement the design of our data architecture and to automate and scale statistical analyses developed by scientists on the team
· Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL
· Own the design, development, and maintenance of datasets to drive key business decisions
· Manage and optimize team AWS resources
· Participate in strategic & tactical planning discussions, including annual budget processes
· Created automated alarming and dashboarding to monitor data integrity.
· Communicating verbally and in writing to business customers and leadership team with various levels of technical knowledge, educating them about our systems, as well as sharing insights and recommendations
· 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
· Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
· Experience in SQL
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
· 6+ years of years of relevant work experience in analytics, data engineering, business intelligence, market research or related field
· Experience gathering business requirements, using industry standard business intelligence tool(s) to extract data, formulate metrics and build reports
· Experience using SQL, ETL and databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
· Experience with large-scale data warehousing and analytics tools, including AWS technologies like Redshift, S3, and EC2
· Experience using big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Spark, EMR, etc.)
· Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Python, Perl, Ruby, Java, etc
· Knowledge of UNIX shell scripting
· Experience architecting large scale BI solutions
· Proven track record of successful communication of analytical outcomes through written communication, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
· Demonstrated ability to coordinate projects across functional teams, including engineering, IT, product management, marketing, finance, and operations
· Knowledge of Advanced SQL and a programming language (Python, R, or others)
· Experience with data visualization using Tableau or similar tools
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
More jobs from our partners (1169)
AppleAI/ML- ML Performance Engineer, Machine Intelligence on27 November 2020Any
AppleAI/ML – Data Infrastructure Engineer, Siri Search & Knowledge Platform on27 November 2020Any