At Amazon Web Services (AWS), Security is job zero. Our team is responsible for inventing new security services that enable and automate security solutions at AWS’ massive scale. We are looking for a Data Engineer to help innovate and build new data infrastructure to support our teams from the ground up that will make security and innovation simultaneous for AWS product teams. Our team offers the opportunity for engineers to help define, design, build, and operate new services from end to end. You will work on a small and dynamic team, collaborate with leading industry experts and gain experience building security services . Come build with us!
The right person for this role is an experienced data engineer with a technical background to build the next generation data infrastructure for our team. This position requires you to build a robust and scalable data platform to support in-depth data analytics initiatives.
As a Data Engineer with SAT2, you will work with Software Development Engineers, Security Engineers, Technical Program Managers, and with partner data engineering teams to develop scalable and innovative solutions to process terabytes of real-time unstructured data and enable us to gain insights.
· Work with managers, software engineers, and scientists to design and develop data infrastructure.
· Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into digestible and actionable forms.
· Perform deep-dives to find root causes of variances of key forecasting parameters over a given time period.
· Develop intelligent, insightful self-reporting tools.
· Optimizing the performance of business-critical queries and dealing with ETL job related issues
You’ll be part of a truly innovative team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a massive scale, and to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing. You’ll be surrounded by people who are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class service is critical to customer success.
· Bachelors degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience
· 3+ years of relevant experience including Data Engineering, Database Engineering, Business Intelligence
· Proficient in one of Programming languages (e.g., Python, Java, Ruby, Scala)
· Proven experience in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing, or similar skills.
· Demonstrable skills and experience using SQL with large data sets
· Experience with agile development or similar methodologies for continuous development of product and technology
· Masters degree or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
· Experience with AWS technologies stack including Redshift, RDS, S3, EMR or similar solutions build around Hive/Spark etc
· Proven track record of successful communication of data infrastructure, data models, and data engineering solutions through written communication, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· Proficient in shell scripting
· Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities.
· An ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired and ambiguity is the norm.
· Experience designing and operating very large Data Warehouses.
· Knowledge about statistical models and data mining algorithms
· Solid communication skills and team player.
· Track record for quickly learning new technologies
· Experience with distributed systems
· Experience influencing technical best practices within your team
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Virtual Locations (Virginia, Seattle, NYC, and Boston)
For more info, email Fabian Valencia – [email protected]
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / AgeView More
More jobs from our partners (1212)
DeloitteAI Strategic Growth Offering (SGO) Sales Engineering Solution Architect on24 October 2020Any
AppleMachine Learning / AI – Engineering & Research Internship (Interspeech 2020) on23 October 2020Any
AppleComputer Vision Engineer – Tracking and Sensor Fusion (TDG) on23 October 2020Any