Are you excited about applying your data engineering skills in a top-tier business impacting millions of customers?
Our Fire TV mission is to make watching TV effortless and fun for customers to enjoy all of their entertainment, so it becomes part of their daily habit for relaxing, being entertained, and spending time with family and friends.
Fire TV is the #1 best-selling streaming media player in the U.S. Our mission is to make watching TV effortless and fun for customers. The staggering amount of data we process from multiple sources to work towards achieving our mission of requires the skills of an experienced and motivated Data Engineer. The successful candidate will work in our Data Science & Analytics team to help set new standards in data processing capability and data availability for our Device Sales & Customer Engagement business units. You’ll be working with Amazon-scale Big Data stored in a variety of locations including data lakes, Redshift clusters and cloud storage, helping us to bring in new datasets that will further inform our business decisions. You’ll do this while maintaining the highest levels of data accuracy, integrity and privacy, allowing us to explore new ways to engage and delight our customers and continue our success.
Your opportunities with our team will include:
· Working with multiple stakeholders and a variety of tools across Amazon to apply best-practice processing for very large volumes of data
· Administering our AWS-based infrastructure
· Analyzing, improving and maintaining the performance of our data infrastructure
· Designing and implementing solutions to ensure compliance with the latest privacy laws & regulations
· Developing custom tools to enhance regular workflows for analysts, BIEs, Data Scientists and managers
· Defining and enforcing stringent data quality standards
· 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
· Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
· Experience in SQL
· A desire to work in a collaborative, intellectually curious environment.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related technical discipline
· 3+ years of industry experience in software development, data engineering, business intelligence, data science, or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
· Highly-proficient with SQL and query performance tuning
· Experience using big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Spark, EMR, Redshift Spectrum, Athena, etc.)
· Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
· Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing
· 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer, BI Engineer, Business/Financial Analyst or Systems Analyst in a company with large, complex data sources
· Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
· Experience working with AWS technologies (Redshift, Athena, S3, EMR, Glue, Kinesis and Lambda for serverless ETL)
· Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
· Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy
· Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices in data engineering
· Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience with Data Visualization / BI tools such as Tableau and Amazon Quicksight