Are you a driven engineer who wants to have a direct impact on customers and the team? Help us improve the customer experience for Consumer Payments!
About the Role
The Data Engineer (DE) will be a key member of the technical team at Payment Acceptance & Experience team, contributing to fundamental data architecture for Payments data at Amazon. This person will take the lead on optimizing our data architecture and code needed for this business.
We are looking for a talented and passionate data professional that can design a high-quality and scalable data pipelines and infrastructure. A successful candidate will be innovative, technically versatile, and be able to interact with customers to gather requirements and deliver the right set of data to support business growth.
The key strategic objectives for this role include:
a) Innovating to deliver mission-critical near real-time data to optimize the business.
b) Delivering a robust, flexible, and scalable data analytics environment to support our business as it grows to new geographies, customer segments, and payment products.
c) Collaborate with software source teams, science teams, business intelligence teams, and the business to drive customer improvement and track progress against goals.
About the Team
Payment Acceptance & Experience is passionate about improving our customers’ checkout experience at Amazon. We encourage innovation and expect engineers to take a high level of ownership throughout the software lifecycle. We minimize the bureaucracy and focus on giving developers time to develop. Alongside building new products and services, we are constantly looking to enhance our existing systems by improving performance and refactoring for reuse. There are numerous opportunities to design scalable architectures.
· Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
· Experience in SQL
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical discipline
· 4+ years of industry experience in Software Development, Data Engineering, Business Intelligence, Data Science, or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
· Hands-on experience and advanced knowledge of SQL
· Experience in Data Modeling, ETL Development, and Data Warehousing
· Experience using big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Spark, EMR, etc.)
· Knowledge of Data Management fundamentals and Data Storage principles
· Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Python, Perl, Ruby, or Java
· Experience working with AWS big data technologies (Redshift, S3, EMR)
· Experience building complex data systems that handle large data sets and that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
More jobs from our partners (193)
AppleAI/ML- Performance Engineer in Test- Siri Search, Knowledge & Platform on29 April 2021Any
AppleAI/ML – Media Domains Backend Engineer, Siri Search and Information Intelligence on29 April 2021Any
AppleManager – Big Data Engineering – Wallet & Apple Pay -Austin on29 April 2021Any
AppleAI/ML – Voice Building Engineer, Siri Text-to-Speech on29 April 2021Any