Alexa Smart Home is focused on making Alexa the voice-activated user interface for the home. Alexa helps fulfill many customer needs, from home security and entertainment to providing information and shopping – all using just your voice. Alexa works with many smart home devices – customers can ask her to switch on a lamp, turn on the fan, dim the lights, or increase the temperature. We are evolving Alexa into an intelligent, indispensable companion that automates daily routines, simplifies interaction with appliances and electronics, and alerts when something unusual is detected.
We are seeking a Data Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will play an important role in project delivery and ongoing performance optimization, working closely with diverse teams across Alexa including Product Managers, Engineering Leads and Finance.
Our team is tackling big data challenges – Alexa now works with over 145,000 compatible products and customers have connected more than 100 million smart home devices to Alexa. Customers interact with your smart home devices every couple milliseconds, from controlling their connected homes to simplifying their daily routines. If you are interested in a role focused on building innovative in-home experiences for customers, surrounded by motivated and collaborative teammates, consider making your next move to Smart Home. Everything we do is focused on making the lives of our customers easier through products they couldn’t have imagined – and now can’t live without.
Key areas of responsibility for this Data Engineer role will include:
· Design, implement, and support a platform providing ad hoc access to large datasets
· Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL
· Manage AWS Resources
· Model data and metadata for ad hoc and pre-built reporting
· Own the design, development, and maintenance of datasets to drive key business decisions
· Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
· Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
· Participate in strategic & tactical planning discussions, including annual budget processes
In addition to excellent technical skills the ideal candidate will have strong business acumen, exemplary communication skills, an ability to work effectively with cross functional teams, and an ability to work in a fast paced and ever-changing environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.View More
More jobs from our partners (316)
AppleAI/ML – iOS Engineer Voice Input/Dictation, Siri Experience on26 March 2021Any
NetflixAdministrative Assistant, Data Science & Engineering on8 April 2021Full Time
AppleAI/ML – Voice Building Engineer, Siri Text-to-Speech on1 March 2021Any