Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon and when that box with the smile arrived, wondered how it got to you so fast? Wondered where it came from and how much it cost Amazon? If so, the Amazon Global Supply Chain Optimization Technologies organization is for you.
Watch this video to learn more about our organization, SCOT: http://bit.ly/amazon-scot
The Amazon SCOT organization is expanding our Direct Fulfillment (dropship) business and we are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join the team. Direct Fulfillment helps provide Amazon customers the broadest in-stock selection, at the quality and speed of delivery they have come to expect from Amazon at the best possible cost structure for Amazon. Direct Fulfillment allows Amazon to fulfill customer orders directly from our vendor’s warehouse and is one of the fastest growing supply channels at Amazon.
The ideal candidate relishes working with extremely large volumes of data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex technical contexts, and above all, is passionate about data and analytics. He/she should be an expert with Data warehouse architecture, data modeling, data processing using distributed compute solutions and passionately partners with the data scientists, business analysts and other business stakeholders to identify strategic opportunities where improvements in data infrastructure creates out-sized business impact. You should be comfortable in design and development of solutions using Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Spark on or off AWS. This position requires hands-on software development expertise used to ingest and process large scale datasets. He/she is proficient in at least one programming language. He/she should be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big (while paying careful attention to detail), excellent communication skills and enjoys working in a fast-paced and global team.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
· 2+ Years industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer)
· 2+ Years Experience with at least one database technology such as Redshift, Oracle, MySQL or MS SQL
· 2+ Years of experience developing and operating large-scale data structures for analytics
· Demonstrated strength in SQL, Query performance tuning, Data modeling, ETL development, and Data warehousing.
· Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Java, etc)
· Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics or related discipline
· Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Spark, etc.)
· Experience with AWS technologies like Redshift, S3, AWS Glue, EMR, Kinesis, FireHose, Lambda, and IAM roles and permissions
· Experience administering Tableau, Looker, Quicksight or other BI tools