Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking a talented Data Engineer Lead for the San Antonio Home Office I or Remote.
Data Engineers deliver quality reporting and data intelligence solutions to the organization and assist client teams with drawing insights to make informed, data driven decisions. Data Engineers (DEs) are engaged in all phases of the data management lifecycle; gather and analyze requirements, collect, process, store and secure, use, share and communicate, archive, reuse and repurpose data. Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and ensure these risks are effectively identified and escalated to be measured, monitored and controlled.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we’ve been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For , and we’ve ranked among Victory Media’s Top 10 Military Friendly Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers – Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Design and implement complex technical solutions.
- Provides guidance to teams to help design, build and manage data pipelines for data structures encompassing data transformation, data models, schemas, metadata, data quality, and workload management.
- Participate in daily standups and lead design reviews.
- Breakdown business features into technical stories and approaches.
- Identify and re-engineer data processes to improve overall efficiency and business value.
- Create proof of concepts and prototypes.
- Implement efficient defect management, root cause analysis, and resolution processes.
- Ensure that team builds processes that support effective data management, metadata management, and good data quality.
- Mentor and coach junior / experienced engineers.
- Manage projects within team and work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Provide guidance and work with team members to ensure successful completion of tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field of study OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required.
- And 8 years of data management experience (12 years total experience in lieu of a degree) implementing data solutions demonstrating depth of technical understanding within a specific discipline(s)/technology(s) to include 2 years demonstrated technical leadership experience and/or leading teams.
- Deep experience with and contributes to multiple technologies and product lines across a company.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your
- Drive compliance thru collaboration with other Product Lines, IT, CTO, and CIOs to update, implement, and align on policies, standards, procedures, and/or playbooks. Drive trust of Information Assets via advising and driving implementation of the data certification framework.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 8/31/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Associated topics: data analyst, data engineer, data integration, data integrity, data quality, data scientist, data warehousing, hbase, sybase, teradataView More
More jobs from our partners (5038)
AppleAI/ML – Machine Learning Engineer, ML Platform & Technology on24 September 2020Any
AppleAI/ML – Engineering Manager, Platform Services, Siri Data on24 September 2020Any
AppleAI/ML – Machine Learning Engineer, Visual Intelligence on24 September 2020Any
AppleAI/ML – Machine Learning Engineer, Siri Search & Knowledge Platform on24 September 2020Any
AppleApple Media Products Engineering – Big Data Architect on24 September 2020Any