Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking a talented Data Engineer – Mid Level for the Plano Legacy or San Antonio Home Office I.
Data Engineers deliver quality reporting and data intelligence solutions to the organization and assist client teams with drawing insights to make informed, data driven decisions. Data Engineers (DEs) are engaged in all phases of the data management lifecycle; gather and analyze requirements, collect, process, store and secure, use, share and communicate, archive, reuse and repurpose data. Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and ensure these risks are effectively identified and escalated to be measured, monitored and controlled.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we’ve been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For , and we’ve ranked among Victory Media’s Top 10 Military Friendly Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn’t technical, it’s human. Here, we don’t just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 13 million members who rely on us every day.
We are over 4,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on Agile principles. We’ve been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it’s like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Collaborate with senior engineers and implement technical solutions.
- Design, write, test and deploy data pipeline code.
- Participate in design and code review sessions.
- Breakdown business features and into technical stories and approaches.
- Help on-board entry level engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field of study, OR Certification from an approved technical field of study, OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required.
- 2 years of of data management experience implementing data solutions demonstrating depth of technical understanding within a specific discipline(s)/technology(s)
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with 1 or more programming languages
- Experience with Unix/Linux and shell scripting
- Knowledge of Hadoop Stack
- Knowledge of Data Visualization tool Tableau
- Experience with ETL tools DataStage or Informatica
- Knowledge with AWS or Google Cloud Data Services
- Knowledge of Machine Learning Models and tool sets
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 8/25/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Associated topics: data administrator, data analytic, data center, data engineer, data integration, data integrity, data scientist, etl, erp, mongo databaseView More
More jobs from our partners (5035)
AppleAI/ML – Engineering Program Manager, Machine Learning Privacy Technologies on23 September 2020Any
AppleAI/ML – Sr Machine Learning Engineer, Text-to-Speech on23 September 2020Any
SpotifyStaff Machine Learning Engineer – Personalized Listening Experiences on23 September 2020Full Time
AmazonSoftware Development Engineer – Alexa Lab, Secure AI Foundations, Alexa AI on23 September 2020Any
AppleApple Media Products Engineering – Big Data Architect on22 September 2020Any