MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Our client is in search of a top tier Data Engineer to join their growing Boston office team and work alongside other strong engineers. The Data Engineer will be responsible for constructing data infrastructure to support data science, analytics, and visualization.
Founded in the summer of 2019, our new and fresh client is committed to making medicines at dramatically reduced prices for the benefit of people and society. The company seeks to discover, develop and deliver high-quality, patent-protected medicines more efficiently and cost-effectively than ever before with the help of the the latest technology advances and prominent members of the healthcare community.
- Build tools and processes for the ingestion and storage of data for a modern, data-driven and digital-native life sciences company, from drug and molecule development, to the clinic and patient data, to drug pricing and management, integrating across numerous data types and modalities.
- Map across different clinical data systems and ontologies to build common reference datasets.
- Design and build consistent, reproducible, and testable ETL pipelines to ingest, normalize, and store data from large healthcare datasets, from clinical trials, to claims, and EHRs.
- Support the scaling, versioning, and usage of data science and machine learning to produce insights form data.
- 5+ years of data engineering experience in industry or equivalent.
- Experience working in health care, life sciences, and/or with scientific data.
- Fluent in SQL and at least one scripting language. Preferably, you have experience in Spark/Scala, too.
- You intuitively think of how to organize, normalize, and store complex data, enabling both ETL and end users.
- You thrive on mapping and designing ingestion and transformation of data from multiple sources, creating a cohesive data asset.
- Expert in cloud data warehousing tools (eg BigQuery, Snowflake) and ELT tools (eg Stitch, Fivetran, DBT).
- 100% Medical, Dental, and vision coverage
- Health Reimbursement account
- Free snacks and drinks in office
- Flexible work schedule