The primary mission of ADECT Monitoring team is to protect customer trust and improve customer experience with Alexa skills and devices. The team uses various signals to ensure that customers get delightful experiences. This could be through experience improvements or ensuring that only high quality experiences reach customers. We use a lot of data along with multiple approaches such as machine learning and other algorithmic approaches to solve challenges that customers face interacting with Alexa. The ideal candidate will be an expert in the areas of data science, machine learning and statistics, having hands-on experience with multiple improvement initiatives as well as balancing technical and business judgment to make the right decisions about technology, models and methodologies. As part of this role, you will build models to improve customer’s experience on Alexa. This involves building conversation arbitration models, which validate conversation quality and metrics to measure and continuously improve on it. These are some of the challenges that have not been solved in the industry before. The candidate needs experience with data science / business intelligence, analytics, and reporting systems while striving for simplicity, and demonstrating significant creativity and high judgment backed by statistical proof.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 1+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 3+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
· 2 years working as a Data Scientist
· Master’s degree in highly quantitative field (CS, machine learning, mathematics, statistics) or equivalent experience.
· 2+ years of experience with machine learning, statistical modeling, data mining, and analytics techniques.
· Experience with R, Python or other statistical/machine learning software.
· Experienced in handling large data sets using SQL and databases in a business environment.
· Experience applying various machine learning techniques, and understanding the key parameters that affect their performance.
· Experience developing experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, and the ability to accurately determine cause and effect relationships.
· Have a history of building systems that capture and utilize large data sets in order to quantify performance via metrics or KPIs.
· Understanding of relevant statistical measures such as confidence intervals, significance of error measurements, development and evaluation data sets, etc.
· 5+ years of experience with machine learning, statistical modeling, data mining, and analytics techniques.
· Previous experience in a ML or data scientist role with a large technology company.