The BASE Funnel Insights team (BFI) is looking for an experienced Data Scientist to develop new research and measurements that capture the holistic value brand advertising and shopping experience programs (Sponsored Brands, Stores, Posts and Follow) generate for brands and our customers.
This role requires a team member with strong quantitative modeling skills and the ability to apply statistical methods to large amounts of customer-brand engagement data. The candidate should have strong communication skills and work efficiently with our team of scientists, product managers and developers to translate data-driven findings into new actionable insights, measurements, and optimization strategies.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail and an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. This person will also be highly proficient in communicating their research and recommendations to technical and business stakeholders.
· Build and continually improve offline and online customer-brand segmentation data.
· Develop new models that measure the impact of BASE programs on brand performance and the customer experience.
· Work closely with business, engineering and scientists within the Amazon Advertising BASE organization to integrate new models into production systems.
· Translate ambiguous business questions and concerns into specific quantitative questions that can be answered with available data using sound methodologies.
· Effectively document and communicate methodologies and results to senior stakeholders.
· Provide informal direction and guidance to more junior members of staff on all aspects of analytics from business context and prioritization to technical coaching.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 3+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
· 2 years working as a Data Scientist
· Academic background in computer science, Statistics, Applied Math or related field; or equivalent experience.
· Outstanding quantitative modeling and statistical analysis skills.
· Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Experience communicating analytical outcomes through written communication to both business and technical teams.
· Experience with Big Data solutions
· Experience building robust and scalable data integration pipelines using SQL, Python and Spark.
· Experience working as a Data Scientist with cross functional teams.
· Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment.
· Ability to think creatively and solve problems.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.View More
More jobs from our partners (118)
- Video Streaming – Data Science and Analytics Leader on5 August 2020Full Time