Global Talent Management (GTM) is centrally responsible for creating and evolving Amazon’s human capital and talent programs and processes.
People Science Team within GTM is a growing start-up team with direct impact on Amazonians across all of our businesses and locations around the world. We play a crucial role in ensuring top notch data products and insights facilitate our growth and development of talent in intelligent and curious ways. We regularly use data to pitch ideas and drive conversations with Amazon’s Senior Vice President of HR and other executives about how to improve existing talent programs to solve organizational problems focused on (but not limited to) talent differentiation, talent movement, employee-role matching, product integration, promotion practices, organization design and succession planning, and diversity and inclusion, or invent new ones that address the evolving needs of our diverse employee base.
We are looking for a high-power Data Scientist to help shape analytics and research roadmap and enable data-driven innovation that fuel our rapidly scaling talent management mission.
You will partner closely with product and program owners, as well as scientists and engineers from other disciplines (e.g. economics, statistics, business intelligence, data engineering) with a clear path to business impact. You develop innovative and even frighteningly bold plans and ideas to discover new ways to advance our goals. You will be expected to be a thought leader as we chart new courses with our rapidly growing employee populations, and lead the way in experimenting new ideas that have not yet been explored.
Successful candidates will have a deep knowledge of computing statistical and machine learning methods for large scale prediction problems -or- a deep knowledge of computational optimization methods and mathematical modeling, the ability to map models into production-worthy code, the communication skills necessary to explain complex technical approaches to a variety of stakeholders and customers, and the excitement to take iterative approaches to tackle big, long term problems.
· Participate in scoping and planning of GTM’s data science roadmap
· Uncover drivers, impacts, and key influences on talent outcomes
· Develop predictive and optimization models for key applications
· Navigate a variety of data sources, such as enterprise data, customize surveys, focus groups, and/or external data sources
· Ability to distill informal customer requirements into problem definitions, dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives
· Work in expert cross-functional teams delivering on demanding projects
· Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions
· Bachelor’s Degree from Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Statistics, Math, Operations Research, Finance or other quantitative fields
· 3+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
· Three or more years of applying statistical algorithms and models to solving applied problems
· Experience in analyzing large scale of data
· Proficiency in one of the following: Python, R, SPSS, SAS, Stata, Matlab
· Comfortable mining unstructured data, with the ability to transform data into a usable state using appropriate tools and techniques
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment
· Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
· High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
· Master’s or above degree, from above-mentioned quant field
· Five or more years of industry experience
· Track record of innovation and strategic impact across teams
· Executive-facing verbal and written communication and data presentation skills
· Project Management experience
· Advanced SQL, data modeling, data mining (SQL, ETL, data warehousing)
· Experience with HR Management (HCM) technology such as PeopleSoft, SAP or Oracle HCM
· Proven ability to influence change strategies with data
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.View More