Our company is an essential business since we are part of the supply chain for food packaging, pharmaceutical packaging and print media used for vital communications. We are very busy fulfilling commitments to our customers, while still following safe practices related to hygiene, social distancing, and remote work. INX is hiring and seeking talented candidates to support our business development, and we encourage you to apply.
We are looking for an exceptional data scientist to synthesize and leverage our massive dataset of Machine control and performance systems to enhance Production efficiency, and utilization. The ideal candidate will work on high-impact projects utilizing data mining/big data analytics and machine learning to improve performance in the ink manufacturing.
- Champion, promote and create data-fueled products that help our facilities improve Process flow and efficiency. Mine and analyze data from company databases, becoming an expert in our ink manufacturing datasets, to drive optimization and improvement of production efficiency, product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Provide expertise into leading analytics practices, design and lead iterative learning and development cycles, and ultimately produce new and creative analytics solutions that will become part of our core manufacturing processes.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions. Lead applied analytics initiatives that are leveraged across the breadth of our solutions for ink manufacturing. Research, design, implement and validate cutting-edge algorithms to analyze diverse sources of data to achieve targeted outcomes.
- Provide expertise on mathematical concepts for the broader applied engineering team and inspire the adoption of advanced analytics and data science across the entire breadth of our organization.
- Deliver data driven analysis and metrics to help management and engineering teams to create lean manufacturing solutions by data driven decisions and project.
Qualifications (Skills – Education – Experience) :
- Master’s Degree in quantitative discipline such as mathematics, computer science, physics, statistics, engineering.
- 2 + years’ experience preferably in industrial environment delivering data science outcomes, having the ability to solve complex analytical problems using quantitative approaches with your unique blend of analytical, mathematical and technical skills.
- Have a deep understanding of statistical and predictive modeling concepts, machine-learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques, and recommendation and optimization algorithms.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills. Be able to articulate questions and answers in large datasets to all stakeholders and excel making complex concepts simple and easy to understand.
- Have strong problem-solving skills to explain business problems and find patterns and insights within structured and unstructured data. Ability to propose analytics strategies and solutions that challenge the status quo.
- Experience in Python, SQL / SQL+, C/C++ along with experience in data cleaning, PLC, machinery data required
Additional qualifications requested or helpful:
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Expert in analyzing large, complex, multi-dimensional datasets with a variety of tools.
- Accomplished in the use of statistical analysis environments such as R, MATLAB, SPSS or SAS.
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau and Microstrategy.
- Comfortable with relational databases, Hadoop-based data mining frameworks.
- Knowledge/experience in SQL, Java and C/C++ and a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks. Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.)
We require post-offer, pre-employment drug screens, physicals and background checks. Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran.
INX does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters, agencies, or similar organizations.