Travel Required: 10-25%
Public Trust: None
Requisition Type: Regular
General Dynamic Information Technology’s (GDIT’s) has an opportunity for a Data Scientist working within the Defense Division, supporting an exciting new DoD program at Fort Meade, Maryland. We are seeking a proven technologist with experience performing scientific work associated with the analytical statistical and programming skills to collect, analyze, and interpret large data sets; develop data-driven solutions to difficult business challenges.
The Data Scientist provides expert support, analysis and research into exceptionally complex Data Science and Data Management problems, and processes relating to Data Science. Serves as the technical expert on executive-level project teams providing technical direction, interpretation and alternatives. Thinks independently and demonstrates exceptional written and oral communications skills. Applies advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts. Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts. Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious. Assignments are often self-initiated. Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results. Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product.
Detailed duties, technologies, techniques and frameworks include:
- Ability to translate end-user’s high-level requirements into detailed analytics to be processed in SIEM, AI/ML custom and cloud-managed solutions
- Knowledge and application of streaming and batch analytics including Hadoop Map Reduce
- Splunk analytic and query development
- Extract, Transform, Load (ETL), data parsing, enrichment and dataset management best-practices
- Ability to assist in the architecture and development of a DevSecOps / CI/CD analytics development pipeline environment using in-house and Cloud-based technologies
- Refinement of requirements and development of analytics dashboards and visualizations
- Understanding of unique requirements for cyber-related and DoD-based data analytic environments
- SOAP, REST, API-based web services for data platforms and analytics
MA or MS in a technical discipline preferred
At least 10 years’ experience supporting operations for a global organization
Minimum of IAT Level II certification required – CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND or SSCP
Significant experience working with Enterprise level customers
Strong communication, leadership, and organizational skills
Clearance level: Top Secret required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.