- Formulates and leads guided, multifaceted analytic studies against large volumes of data.
- Interprets and analyzes data using exploratory mathematics and statistical techniques based on the scientific method.
- Coordinates research and analytic activities utilizing various data points (unstructured and structured) and employ programming to clean, massage, and organize the data.
- Experiments against data points, provide information based on experiment results, and provide previously undiscovered solutions to command data challenges.
- Develops methodology and processes for prioritization and scheduling of projects.
- Analyzes problems and determines root causes.
- Defines company data assets (data models), spark, spark SQL, and hive SQL jobs to populate data models.
- Works closely with all business units and engineering teams to develop a strategy for long term data platform architecture.
Data Scientist Qualifications / Skills:
- Advanced analytical knowledge of data
- Conducting big data analysis
- Data conditioning
- Developing algorithms
- Developing software and data models
- Executing predictive analytics
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, or related fields
- 5-7 years of professional experience
- Proficient with one or more programming languages (Java, C++, Python, R, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience applying data science methods to real-world data problems
- Experience utilizing visualization tools to take advantage of the growing volume of available information