Are you passionate about building platforms that improve the sharing of tribal knowledge between teams? Are you looking to innovate around how people collaborate to create knowledge and build rich media narratives?
Our team owns Amazon’s Knowledge Management Technology, set of tools that ensure Amazon engineering teams have access to the information they need to produce healthy code and maintain high engineering standards.
Our work lies at the intersection of machine learning and software development, whether that is code review tools, identifying flaky tests, enabling language upgrades, or building a new generation of semantic tools.
We are looking for a customer obsessed Data Scientist who can apply the latest research, state of the art algorithms and machine learning in this domain. Join us and help redefine the field of developer efficiency at the most customer obsessed company on Earth. This is your chance to impact the tools that shapes culture through the sharing of knowledge by solving problems such as:
· Analyzing user behavior for creating, editing, and collaboration and build tools that remove friction, allowing users to focus on content management.
· Identify platform bottlenecks and refinements that lead to a highly available service that meets the needs of a global company.
· Help build a platform which other services can integrate into and innovate on top of, giving users direct ownership in how and what type of content can be added to the collective knowledge-base.
Amazon Science gives you insight into the company’s approach to customer-obsessed scientific innovation. Amazon fundamentally believes that scientific innovation is essential to being the most customer-centric company in the world. It’s the company’s ability to have an impact at scale that allows us to attract some of the brightest minds in artificial intelligence and related fields. Our scientists continue to publish, teach, and engage with the academic community, in addition to utilizing our working backwards method to enrich the way we live and work.
Please visit https://www.amazon.science for more information.
· M.S. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics or a related quantitative field
· 3+ years of hands-on experience in predictive modeling and analysis
· 3+ years hands-on experience in Python, Scala, Java, C#, C++ or other similar languages
· 3+ years professional experience in software development
· Proficiency in model development, model validation and model implementation for large-scale applications
· Ability to convey mathematical results to non-science stakeholders
· Strength in clarifying and formalizing complex problems
· Ph.D. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics or a related quantitative field;
· 5+ years of practical experience applying ML to solve complex problems in an applied environment;Significant peer-reviewed scientific contributions in premier journals and conferences;
· Strong CS fundamentals in data structures, problem solving, algorithm design and complexity analysis;
· Experience with defining research and development practices in an applied environment;
· Experience working with Deep Learning frameworks (MxNet, TensorFlow, etc.);
· Proven track record in technically leading and mentoring scientists;
· Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts.