Location: Woodbridge (Township), NJ
Description: Our client is currently seeking a Data Scientist for a permanent/direct hire position in Woodbridge, NJ
This job will have the following responsibilities:
- Produces complex predictive models which enable the creation of rating plans and evaluation of risk and profitability.
- Develops studies that evaluate new business models for customer retention and growth initiatives as well as estimate the lifetime value of customer segments.
- Identifies drivers of insurance costs, understanding the economics of customers’ behavior and estimating the expected losses for segments of risks using advanced statistical and analytical techniques on large data sets.
- Develop or participate in the development of the overall analytical framework to support the company’s strategy for growth
- Communicates analysis, strategy and recommendations to diverse audiences, including technical and non-technical.
- Collaborates with upper management to assess the potential effects of proposed solutions and incorporates these considerations into recommendations.
- Manages projects of high complexity.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Advanced skills and training in predictive modeling, data mining and other quantitative and research analytics (Non-Linear Regression Analysis, Multivariate Analysis, Bayesian Methods, Generalized Linear Models, Decision Trees, Non Parametric estimations, etc.).
- Ability to apply various predictive modeling techniques to develop solutions to various real-world problems.
- Hands-on experience developing and delivering structured, methodology projects.
- Exceptional programming ability in SAS, SQL, R or other programming languages.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- In-depth understanding of database principles and experience working with large databases.
- Ability to influence and guide across departmental boundaries.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 3 or more years of experience developing and implementing multivariate predictive models using GLM and other statistical methods. PhD in economics, statistics, or related field required.
- Or in the alternative, a Master’s degree in Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, or a related field (foreign educational equivalent accepted) and five (5) years of experience as indicated above.
- High level of organizational and project management experience handling multiple projects simultaneously
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at