SAIC, a leading provider of systems development & deployment, targeting & intelligence analysis, systems engineering & integration, and training capabilities and solutions for the Intelligence Community, is seeking creative and dedicated professionals to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance. Join our team today as we Redefine Ingenuity!
The Sponsor manages a large number of data scientists of varying levels of experience, and provides them challenging and exciting project work in a fast-paced learning environment that cultivates and promotes their ability to deliver impactful data science products across the entire Sponsor organization.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Working with cross-functional teams with data at all stages of the analysis lifecycle to derive actionable insight.
- Translates mission needs into an end-to-end analytical approach to achieve results.
- Performs the pre-analytics areas of data collection and understanding, data cleansing and integration, and data storage and retrieval.
- Determines the appropriate analytics based on the data and the desired outcomes, using techniques including feature detection, statistics, data mining, predictive modeling, machine learning, natural language processing, and business intelligence.
- Interprets the validity of results and communicates the meaning of those results.
- Has familiarity with data wrangling, analytics, and visualization software and programming languages, including analytics methods for big data.
- Follows a scientific approach to generate value from data, verifying results at each step and applies advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Participates with senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives and recommends/makes decisions on administrative or project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives.
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Analytics, or related field. Relevant years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 years professional experience with analytic methods and tools in: machine learning, artificial intelligence, data modeling, or probability and statistics.
- 8 years experience working with diverse data types.
- 8 years experience working on an Amazon Web Services infrastructure, including the C2S environment
- 8 years experience defining, analyzing, tracking, and reviewing requirements using JIRA
- 8 years experience with data science architecture/management techniques, data operations, or formal data science training.
- 8 years experience using Microsoft Excel for data manipulation; using formulas, look ups, pivot tables.
- Demonstrated experience with AI/ML libraries including Tensorflow and Pandas
- Demonstrated experience with MySQL, AWS RDS, AWS S3, and Mongo
- Demonstrated experience translating complex, technical findings into a narrative (i.e. tell a story with the data) in graphical, verbal, or written form.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation’s most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com . For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom . For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC . EOE AA M/F/Vet/DisabilityView More