ECS is seeking a Data Scientist to work in our Aberdeen, MD office. Please Note: This position is contingent upon contract award.
Provide expert enterprise experience as a Data Scientist, mining and analyzing data from various sources to drive decision support and improvement of organization strategies. The ability to assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources/attributes and data collection techniques. Working with structured and unstructured data to prepare in-depth analysis, this includes the normalization and canonicalization of data to ensure consistent inputs. Introduce validation and reporting techniques to ensure the veracity of data. Developing custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets and extract additional insights. Providing expertise in exploratory data analysis, pattern discovery, and advanced analytical techniques.
Evaluate methods to thwart adversarial attacks of cyber defenses. Your expertise will assist in determining the existence and identification of vulnerabilities in current machine learning algorithms for visual (facial/object) identification, spoofing biometrics, data poisoning, etc. In your role, you will be crucial in identifying potential weaknesses and counter-measures to defeat the exploitation.
- TS/ SCI Clearance
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Masters’ Degree in Computer Science, Cyber, Information Technology, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering,
- or similar discipline with 6-8 years of experience
- or Bachelors Degree with 8-10 years of experience.
- 5 years’ experience mining and analyzing data
- At least 1 year of experience with AI security research problems (adversarial examples, data poisoning, model inversion, etc.)
- At least 1 years of machine learning experience
- At least 2 years of experience with researching deep neural network techniques
- At least 3 years of cyber security experience
- At least 1 year of experience with machine learning techniques other than neural networks
- At least 1 year of experience with large-scale data engineering projects
- At least 1 year of biometric spoof detection (facial, fingerprints, etc.)
- At least 1 year of cyber-attack forecasting
- Be prepared to provide publications and/or presentations to demonstrate your communication skills
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.