Description:The coolest jobs on this planet or any other are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The Double Eagle II increased its scope to continue defining and utilizing Data Science and Data Visualization practices to optimize and reinvigorate how multiple data sets are analyzed.
We are looking for a data scientist to grow our existing automation, visualization, and machine learning efforts by enhancing our data analysis and data architecture practices.
You will support a satellite operations contract where the field of data science is being developed from the ground up.
You will become one of the first Data Scientists on the contract in order to define new data CONOPS, develop/automate optimized data flows, and utilize Data Science practices in order to revolutionize how the contract operates.
You can expect to help lead Enterprise outreach and defining requirements to use and analyze data for multiple mission partners and contract leadership. Candidate will help lead and report on product development.
You will establish working data sets, configurations, and profiles in support of metric analysis.
You will apply complex analysis of data in support of mission problems, with expertise in problem solving, Scripting in multiple languages, as well as the creation and/or implementation of tools and processes that aid in advanced analytics, testing and quality assurance, and DevOps.
Leverage automation and machine learning to manage data, predict scenarios and make recommendations.
Contribute to building new analytical tools and packages across the enterprise and will be expected to collaborate with team members in a highly technical environment.
You will perform outreach to potential new customers to educate them on our available products and how we can leverage our offerings to increase efficiency within their teams.
Ideal candidate possesses a current TS/SCI clearance though not having one won’t discredit you.
Typically has 9 – 15 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
Paid time off
Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
– Experience using statistical computer languages for data manipulation
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Strong mathematical, computer science, statistical, or analytical background
– Experience using log file analyzers and visualization tools such as Splunk, Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana (ELK), Tableau, Grafana, Seasborn, gplot, plotly, etc.
– Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and techniques (simulation, scenario analysis, clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.)
– Experience working with and creating data architectures
– Experience with scaling data products across distributable computing environments: MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, SQL, MongoDB
– Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) experience
– Knowledge of Agile programming methodologies
– Proficiency with Python’s scientific computing and machine learning ecosystem such as NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, Matplotlib, and scikit-learn
– Experience developing and integrating data science practices in a classified environment
– Experience leading data science or machine learning teams
– Possess a current TS/SCI clearance w/poly
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.