Amazon aims to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small, are delivered as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible. To meet this goal, Amazon has invested in Amazon Logistics, a world class last mile operation. We are looking for a dynamic, resourceful, and organized Data Scientist within Amazon Logistics’ Amazon Flex organization to develop the right data-driven solutions to support the most critical components of this rapidly scaling operation.
As part of the Driver Science team, you’ll partner closely with Science, Product, and Program teams to design of new and innovative solutions to organizational and business problems, using statistical best practices to justify design decisions using data. You will be expected to be a subject matter expert in quantitative analysis and to communicate highly complex findings to multiple audiences. You may come from one of many different types of quantitative backgrounds, but you must be comfortable with multiple modeling techniques such as linear and logistic regression, supervised and unsupervised clustering and segmentation, and forecasting. You will be able to acquire new techniques with practice, and be willing to show flexibility in finding the right technique to match the research problem.
In addition to designing meaningful research questions and analyzing the resulting data, you must be able to see a full loop vision that goes beyond experimentation to conceptualizing design solutions, collaborating closely with multiple teams to ensure the relevance and impact of your work to business stakeholders. You will be responsible for developing new predictive and optimization models, as well as algorithms for key applications and discovering new ways to solve organizational problems. Successful candidates will have a deep knowledge of quantitative modelling in at least one area (ML, optimization, multivariate statistics), the ability to build and refine prototype models that can be implemented in production, the communication skills necessary to explain complex technical approaches to a variety of stakeholders and customers, and the excitement to take iterative approaches to tackle big, long-term problems.
· Conceptualize and lead global research initiatives
· Guide the technical approach for the design and implementation of successful models and algorithms in support of expert cross-functional teams delivering on demanding projects.
· Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
· Share deep knowledge in statistics, machine learning, multivariate modeling, or optimization research applicable to our problem space.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS · Experienced in handling large data sets using SQL and databases in a business environment
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
· Proficiency with data analysis and modeling software (R, Spark, etc)
· Proficient with using scripting language such as Python and data manipulation/analysis libraries such as Scikit-learn and Pandas for analyzing and modeling data.
· 2+ years of applying algorithm design/multivariate statistics/machine learning to solving real-world problems
· MS in a quantitative research discipline (e.g., Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research)
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS · Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team
· Excellent interpersonal skills and a never-give-up attitude
· Proven record of innovation and strategic impact across teams
· 5+ years handling big data
More jobs from our partners (2411)
AppleAI/ML – Machine Learning Scientist, Siri Understanding on23 September 2020Any