Are you driven to leverage your strong quantitative analysis and skills to solve complex and large-scale challenges? This job is for you! Amazon’s Quantitative Business Intelligence Tools (QuBIT) team is looking for motivated scientists with strong analytical skills to evolve one of the most complex logistics systems in the world.
Amazon’s extensive logistics system comprises thousands of fixed infrastructure nodes with millions of possible connections between them. Billions of packages flow through this network on a yearly basis, making the impact of optimal improvements truly innovative. This magnificent challenge is a terrific opportunity to analyze Amazon data and understand, model, simulate, optimize, and reshape one of the world’s most complex systems.
Your main focus will be on developing predictive models, simulation, visualization, and support structures for data analysis to identify and evaluate opportunities to improve customer experience, network speed, cost, the efficiency of capital investment, and the effective use of automation. You will identify effective metrics to quantify the improvements resulting from the application of your developed tools and you will evaluate the trade-offs between potentially competing objectives.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate deep understanding of statistical and machine learning concepts, technical skills for leveraging analytical tools to solve large scale problems, technical aptitude to remain abreast with data science related technologies, leadership in charting new analytical courses, and excitement to take iterative approaches to tackle long-term challenges. The successful candidate will have good communication skills and ability to speak at a level appropriate for the audience, will collaborate effectively with fellow scientists, software development engineers, and product managers, and will deliver business value in a close partnership with many stakeholders from operations, finance, IT, and business leadership.
· Amazon offers competitive packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k), restricted stock units, growth potential and a challenging and exciting work environment.
· M.S. or equivalent in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related analytical disciplines.
· Deep understanding of regression modeling, forecasting techniques, time series analysis, machine-learning concepts such as supervised and unsupervised learning, classification, random forest, etc.
· Experience using statistical, simulation, visualization, and machine-learning tools and commercial packages
· Experience with big data: extraction, processing, filtering, and presenting large data quantities (100K to Millions of rows) via AWS technologies, SQL, and data pipelines
· Experience one or more programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, C++, etc.)
· Familiarity with some of the clustered data processing tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Map-reduce, and Hive
· Familiarity with Logistics/Supply Chain, or related Businesses.
· Ph.D. in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related analytical disciplines
· Experience in leveraging analytics to drive the generation of business value in related business sectors such as Logistics and Supply Chains, Transportation, and Engineering.
· Experience in developing machine-learning algorithms, statistical and mathematical optimization models, and simulation and visualization tools
· Experience with ensemble models and with clustered data processing tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Map-reduce, and Hive
· Experience with agile or scrum methodology
· Ability to communicate technical concepts and solutions at a level appropriate for technical and non-technical audien
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
More jobs from our partners (971)
AppleAI/ML – NLP Research Scientist, Siri Understanding on27 September 2020Any