AmazonPay organization is looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join our data team. The Data Scientist will be responsible to drive the development of deeper analytics and insights. You will succeed in this role if you are an organized self-starter who can learn new technologies quickly and excel in a fast-paced environment. In this position, you will be a key contributor and sparring partner, developing analytics and insights that global executive management teams and business leaders will use to define global strategies.
Please visit https://www.amazon.science for more information
Our team is a central Analytics team, offering a unique opportunity to build a new set of analytical experiences from the ground up. The team is an interdisciplinary team of engineers, analysts and scientists. You will be part the team that is focused on understand the customer behavior and help acquiring new merchants from around the world to Amazon Pay. The team applies Machine Learning, Data Science and Econometrics to derive actionable insights about Amazon Pay’s business.
The position is based in Seattle but will interact with global leaders and teams in Europe, Japan, India, and other regions. You should be highly analytical, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, and have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. You will be comfortable thinking big and diving deep. A proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment is strongly preferred.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Provide thought leadership in global business deep dives across a variety of key performance indicators
· Be one of the key builders of the “Business Insights platform” that will be used by global teams worldwide to access reporting, deep dives, and seller insights.
· Master’s or PhD in Computer Science (Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, or equivalent)
· 5+ years of overall work experience and 2+ years of practical experience applying ML to solve complex problems
· Algorithm and model development experience for large-scale applications
· Experience using R, MATLAB, Python or similar scripting language
· Experience distilling informal customer requirements into problem definitions, dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives
· Experience with object-oriented programming languages
· Expertise using SQL for acquiring and transforming data
· Outstanding quantitative modeling and statistical analysis skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively advocate technical solutions to data engineers, engineering teams and business audiences
· PhD with specialization in machine learning
· Extensive knowledge and practical experience in several of the following areas: machine learning, statistics, deep learning, recommendation systems, dialogue systems, information retrieval;
· Expert in more than one more major programming languages (C++, Java, or similar) and at least one scripting language (Perl, Python, or similar)
· Proven track record of production achievements, handling gigabyte and terabyte size datasets
· Strong personal interest in learning, researching, and creating new technologies with high customer impact
· Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.View More