Amazon Web Services (AWS) is still growing, and committed to doing so as efficiently as possible. We’ve been asked by AWS’s leadership to deliver several key forecasting models and impact analyses that will be used to guide major investments. These projects will use a variety of data sources and models to guide decisions such as: where to focus in hiring, how to match customers and salespeople, where are best regions for AWS to expand next, and the right strategy for investing in those spaces. Thus, your work will be used in short and long term strategic planning.
We’re looking for an data scientist who has great programming experience. While your first job will be to build great models, your second will be acting as a tech leader for our team, setting and modeling best practices for the team as well as mentoring a number of young scientists. You’ll show them not just how to code but how to automate, set up reusable workflows, and generally solve problems at scale.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Ph.D./M.S. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics or a related quantitative field;
· 1+ years of hands-on experience in predictive modelling and analysis;
· 1+ years hands-on experience in Python, Scala, Java, C#, C++ or other similar languages;
· 1+ years professional experience in software development;
· Experience in model development, model validation and model implementation for large-scale applications;
· Ph.D. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics or a related quantitative field;
· Excellent Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, problem solving, algorithm design and complexity analysis;
· Ability to convey mathematical results to non-science ;
· Strength in clarifying and formalizing complex problems.
· Experience with defining research and development practices in an applied environment;
· Experience working with Deep Learning frameworks (MxNet, TensorFlow, etc.);
· Proven track record in technically leading and mentoring scientists;
· Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.View More
More jobs from our partners (738)
AppleData Scientist, Testing and Optimization – Cupertino on28 July 2021Any
AppleSr. Data Scientist, Wallet, Payments, & Commerce – Raleigh on26 July 2021Any
AppleData Scientist, Wallet, Payments, & Commerce – Austin on27 July 2021Any