Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading streaming services today, and we’re just getting started. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take the service to new heights.
The Amazon Studios team is chartered to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in service of Amazon’s Prime Video customers. The team is responsible for bringing popular TV and movies to their customers and introducing distinctive, award-winning originals like The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and ground-breaking, popular shows like The Man in the High Castle, Jack Ryan, and The Boys.
We are looking for a customer-focused, business-oriented Data Scientist to join our Amazon Studio Data Science team, which focuses on building analytical tools to optimally deploy content investment based on projected value, fit with customer needs, content traits with disproportionate impact, and risk-return tradeoffs. You will work closely with business and finance leaders in support of content programming & scheduling, portfolio optimization, show development, and greenlighting decisions.
You will use statistical analysis, predictive modeling, and data analytics to discover the kinds of differentiated and irreplaceable shows people value most, what they want more of, and how to fit a diverse portfolio of titles together to deliver a clear, compelling proposition that is greater than the sum of its parts. The analysis you conduct and algorithms you create will help drive and define the future of television for millions of customers globally.
· PhD or equivalent Master’s degree plus 5+ years of research experience in a quantitative field
· 3+ years experience investigating the feasibility of applying scientific principals and concepts to business problems and products
· B.S. M.S., or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Data Science or Math
· 5+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
· 4+ years of industry experience working as a Data Scientist and solving business challenges.
· Prior experience with cloud computing (EMR, S3, EC2, Redshift) and big data tools (Spark, Hadoop, HDFS).
· Comfortable with open-ended problems. Be able to frame your own hypothesis, create meaningful metrics, and select the modeling approach.
· Demonstrates clear communication and presentation skills (oral and written).
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.View More